Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Phil Lynott Movie?

elduave

Started this on the "best hair" thread:

Phil Lynott.

phillo.jpg

Hijack. Did we talk about the proposed Phil movie "My Son"? CSI's Gary Dourdan as Phil? Looks like he's been "living the role" of late...

Phil Lynott.

phillo.jpg

Hijack. Did we talk about the proposed Phil movie "My Son"? CSI's Gary Dourdan as Phil? Looks like he's been "living the role" of late...

What an incredible Musician/Singer/Bass player/all around true artist!

I would love to see the movie get made. People when reminded about Thin Lizzy's great catalogue of songs always tell me that they loved the songs from Thin Lizzy which were played on the radio when they were recording and touring. I tell these friends & acquiantances to go deeper into their catalogue & not just listen to the more "radio friendly" songs.

What another great loss for Phil's Family, friends, and fans--Heck, the whole world lost a sincere, genuine, and talented person, let alone a very good musician.

I would love to see the movie get made. People when reminded about Thin Lizzy's great catalogue of songs always tell me that they loved the songs from Thin Lizzy which were played on the radio when they were recording and touring. I tell these friends & acquiantances to go deeper into their catalogue & not just listen to the more "radio friendly" songs.

What another great loss for Phil's Family, friends, and fans--Heck, the whole world lost a sincere, genuine, and talented person, let alone a very good musician.

Ted, I look forward to meeting you next weekend to purchase your Monaco. You echoed my feelings exactly. Although he was a tortured soul, Phil is a personal hero of mine. I can only hope that his contracts were such that his mother Philomena has lived a very comfortable life from the residuals of her son's work. They both deserve it.

Phil was an incredible talent. One of the best voices in rock.

Ever.

I miss Phil and Freddie the most. Phil had an intangible tension with Gary. Freddie and Brian were incomparable. I couldn't choose. Saw both bands in 1977 in Lakeland Florida. That just doesn't happen for me anymore.

Nice, nice, nice.

Anyone know why John Sykes wasn't at the tribute show when the statue unveiling happened?

Although he was a tortured soul, Phil is a personal hero of mine.

big +1. top 5 band for me. saw lizzy on the chinatown tour when i was in 8th grade, awesome.

Ted, I look forward to meeting you next weekend to purchase your Monaco. You echoed my feelings exactly. Although he was a tortured soul, Phil is a personal hero of mine. I can only hope that his contracts were such that his mother Philomena has lived a very comfortable life from the residuals of her son's work. They both deserve it.

Hey MCChris,

I have had to face a lot of my own "personal demons" over the last 11 years. I feel from the bottom of my Heart with Phil, his friends, Family, and Fans. I don't think people really get it when someone is in so much emotional pain. I hope more people get in touch with their inner selves, and realize that most people who are dealing with their tortured souls are not being self centered, or selfish.

I have a VHS tape with Phils last TV-interview ever. From Sky-channel, a Uk channel back in the mid 80's. It's a damn sorry sight to see, he´s got shades on the whole time and he's pretty swollen up. They talk about why his then new band Grand Slam could not get a record deal, and that Lizzy will probably get together again at some point. Sad stuff indeed...

Although he was a tortured soul, Phil is a personal hero of mine.

big +1. top 5 band for me. saw lizzy on the chinatown tour when i was in 8th grade, awesome.

I never was able to see them, and that is a shame.

Thanks BTMN on the heads up for the 75' concert DVD.

I have a VHS tape with Phils last TV-interview ever. From Sky-channel, a Uk channel back in the mid 80's. It's a damn sorry sight to see, he´s got shades on the whole time and he's pretty swollen up. They talk about why his then new band Grand Slam could not get a record deal, and that Lizzy will probably get together again at some point. Sad stuff indeed...

I don't think I could bear to watch it.

Phil Lynott.

phillo.jpg

Phil's Hair in this photo is the Hairstyle I most relate Phil with.

they should get the guy who plays bubs on "the wire" to star as phil

Damn, Brooks! That's PERFECT!

I knew he reminded me of somebody...

That was a damned good show.

610x.jpgthe-wire-20070824025854274-000.jpg

Much better choice that that CSI guy!

Much better choice that that CSI guy!

Easy now:

gary_dourdan_1691850.jpg

Ariana says Lenny Kravitz should play him, I think Gary actually has the DNA for the part:

Robert Durdin, Gary's father, is an agent for jazz musicians. Sandy Durdin, Gary's mother, is a fashion designer. Dourdan has African-American, Native American, Scots-Irish, and Jewish ancestry. [2] At this time his interests included acting, music and martial arts. Later Dourdan moved to New York City and worked as a doorman at a rehearsal studio where he met some of Manhattan's promising young artists.

He played analyst Warrick Brown, who viewers find out has a dark past checkered with gambling and addictions. Ultimately, he ends up battling his demons throughout the show instead of overcoming them.

He joined hip hop artist DMC on stage at the Live 8 concert held in Barrie, Ontario, and also co-sang the lyrics to the theme song of the TV sitcom The Jeffersons at the 2005 Emmy Awards.

He is currently set to play Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott in a biographical film about Lynott's life.

Dourdan is also an alternative musician and a record producer.

He has two children, a son, Lyric, and a daughter, Nyla

On April 28, 2008, Dourdan was arrested in Palm Springs, California on suspicion of possessing heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, and prescription drugs. after a Coachella Music Festival VIP after-party.

Well, he's definitely qualified!! :D

Just lacks the look. "Bubbles" is a great actor as well.

Hell though, I'm just glad they're doing the movie.

Archived