Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Daytona love thread

pesocaster

t51daytonaproto.jpg

The second set of Daytona and T51 prototypes. Purchased from Bill Kaman several years ago. The Daytona has a hand cut trem cover plate, the belly cut differs from later production models and the side dots on the Daytona are quite a bit smaller than ones on the production run. The T51 doesn't have ANY side dots! Also, the Sperzel tuners on the T51 are original- they didn't get plated. Initially Hamer sent out the tuners to get plated. I'm not sure Sperzel ever offered these tuners in nickel (somebody feel free to chime in if they have more info on that).

Edited to add that these two have serial numbers that fall outside of the standard Hamer numbering scheme. They indicate date of completion from the woodshop (August 5, 1993 for the Daytona). See below

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

I've only seen a few Hamers that deviate from the standard numbering scheme. Below is a letter from Bill.

DSCN0321.jpg

My favorite of all time...made great (and super light!) by Hamer, made unbelievable by Stike:

StikedelicDaytona-2.jpg

Still one of the guitars I reach for the most.

Here's another cool one I miss every now and then:

Daytona94body.jpg

I'm comforted to know that it's in good hands though! :blink:

No kidding - that ebony board is a great thing.

I really want to add a bridge humbucker, but can't bring myself to route the body....

I got lucky and found one already routed for a humbucker right from the Hamer factory:

DSC00720.jpg

original pickups and white plastic pieces safely stored away just in case, but the Andersons sound so much better to me than the original SD APSII/APSII/JB combo did (and I thought the black plastic pieces just looked better against the purple body than the original white ones did)

I really want to add a bridge humbucker, but can't bring myself to route the body....

I got lucky and found one already routed for a humbucker right from the Hamer factory:

DSC00720.jpg

original pickups and white plastic pieces safely stored away just in case, but the Andersons sound so much better to me than the original SD APSII/APSII/JB combo did (and I thought the black plastic pieces just looked better against the purple body than the original white ones did)

Man that's hot!!! :blink:

Sold this one a few years ago to an HFCr in Milan, Italy. I do not recall his name. Don't know if he still has it. Great guitar but I like my Fender Strat Deluxe better.

I replaced the orig plain white pkguard with this tortoise guard and aged pup covers & knobs. It really made a huge diff in appearance. AND of course... NOWWW...it plays like buttah! :blink:

DaytonaBodyFront2.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived