Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Daytona love thread

pesocaster

• 6 months later...

Here are mine.

The cream/yellow one I purchased new in 94/95 - the first guitar I ever bought.

The sunburst Daytona I bought from the local Hamer dealer after he played it as his personal guitar for 6 months or so. He added the pearloid pickguard and the hot rails pickup in the bridge position. He set it up that way for the blues/rock stuff he was playing.

daytonas-001.jpg

daytonas-002.jpg

daytonas-003.jpg

daytonas-004.jpg

daytonas-005.jpg

daytonas-006.jpg

daytonas-007.jpg

daytonas-008.jpg

conorb

Suprised I never posted in the thread. Sold this nice Black one to Harry65...

040823.jpg

Kept NT, Natural Thing, as it is the BEST "Strat" I will ever be able to get...

040824.jpg

Both with my other two "Fenderesque" Hamers :lol:;);)

040820.jpg

That T51 has had a body transplant since then and that body is in Minnesota being loved. B)

8250923.jpg

8250932.jpg

Here are my beloved Daytonas.

SeaFoam.jpg

The trans-blue Daytona is a '95. It is all original with the exception of a Duncan SSL-5 in the bridge.

Blue.jpg

The sea foam Daytona is a '97. It is all original. The color isn't a true sea foam any more; it has a really cool patina. The true bright sea foam can be seen in the trem cavity.

Both.jpg

I bought my first Daytona new in 1996. It was a trans-purple with pearloid pg and maple neck. Unfortunately, I sold it long ago when times were tight. But these two beauties have taken its place.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really dig Daytonas. Great guitars... lots of fun to mod too!

HamerDaytonaBlackBeauty.jpg

DDaytona12012.jpg

No finer bump posted. Only to go ignored.

Bump for the Daytona 500!!!!

More Please!

Well played Bubs... Champion of the uncommon man. :)

DDaytona12012.jpg

So I gotta ask... Is that three modded Daytonas, or did that one start as a doubleneck? ;)

That's pretty awesome though. Does the switch in-between the two string paths switch which set of pickups is going to the outputs? Is it a three-way, top-both-bottom kind of thing, or just a two-way toggle?

Yes - at least two that I've seen.

DDaytona12012.jpg

So I gotta ask... Is that three modded Daytonas, or did that one start as a doubleneck? ;)

That's pretty awesome though. Does the switch in-between the two string paths switch which set of pickups is going to the outputs? Is it a three-way, top-both-bottom kind of thing, or just a two-way toggle?

The white 3-way slider switch is: Top Neck/OFF/Bottom Neck

There is a master volume, master tone

3 way toggle controls the top (PhatCat) pickup selection

5 way blade covers the bottom (Strat) pickups

Body was custom-made by Musikraft, and is a really nice hunk of white Korina that weighs under 3.5 lbs.

Necks were both from Daytonas that had been parted out (not by me)

Original Daytona Wilky VSV-G below, '90s NOS Wilky hardtail up top.

Recessed Aluminum trem plate:

DDaytonaback12012.jpg

That's really, really cool.

I dug up an old Daytona thread about the heel dimensions. Did you get the Musikraft body cut for tele necks, or was it custom made for those Daytona neck heels?

Custom cut to be an exact fit for the Daytona necks, recessed trem plate and Wilkinson string thru bridge.

I have one in Salmon blush color and I do love it, all stock, sounds like a good vintage strat, plays better.

Cool Beans

Gene

Pictures, we need Pictures....

What was the stock colors for the Daytona?

Someone may be holding a Trans Red Daytona at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...

So I broke down a couple of weeks ago and bought a Daytona. I went down to the local shop where it was, Trans Red, 7'ish pounds, completely stock and as close to NOS as i've ever seen. Gentlemen came in and sold it to the store because his son is grown and didn't want the guitar. He purchased it new for his son and he never took it up. Little pick action above the guitar and maybe 2 tiny tiny dings. The pick guard and pickups are not even yellowed.

Only thing I want to do is change the pups, but i'll do a complete guard swap so I can put it back no harm, no foul.

DDaytona12012.jpg

The white 3-way slider switch is: Top Neck/OFF/Bottom Neck

There is a master volume, master tone

3 way toggle controls the top (PhatCat) pickup selection

5 way blade covers the bottom (Strat) pickups

Body was custom-made by Musikraft, and is a really nice hunk of white Korina that weighs under 3.5 lbs.

Necks were both from Daytonas that had been parted out (not by me)

Original Daytona Wilky VSV-G below, '90s NOS Wilky hardtail up top.

Recessed Aluminum trem plate:

DDaytonaback12012.jpg

I Like the gold & black ! :ph34r:

So I broke down a couple of weeks ago and bought a Daytona. I went down to the local shop where it was, Trans Red, 7'ish pounds, completely stock and as close to NOS as i've ever seen. Gentlemen came in and sold it to the store because his son is grown and didn't want the guitar. He purchased it new for his son and he never took it up. Little pick action above the guitar and maybe 2 tiny tiny dings. The pick guard and pickups are not even yellowed.

Only thing I want to do is change the pups, but i'll do a complete guard swap so I can put it back no harm, no foul.

finally! the secret project !

Sparkle Drive or Crunchy Frog maybe?

Archived