Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mitch Easter-ish 1983 Takamine EA-360 Flying A acoustic electric thingy...

Hey, guys. Selling my uber-cool '83 Takamine EA-360 Flying A over on the Gear Page. Here's the ad -- will knock off $50 whatever the Gear Page price is for HFC-certified bros (so that would be $1150 right now)...

p.s. Got a Vector? Then you need this!

# # #

Here's a pretty rare (only about 800 made worldwide) 1983 Takamine EA-360 Flying A acoustic/electric guitar in natural. The guitar is very Martin-esque in sound and features, with a solid spruce top, nicely figured Indian rosewood sides, back, fingerboard, mahogany neck, and rosewood peghead face with inlaid pearl (mother of toiletseat?) "Takamine." This thing plays great with a neck that's more like an electric than an acoustic, and it sounds great either acoustic or plugged into a PA or acoustic amp.

Has a number of little dings on the top, plus a few scratches on the back -- there's a pretty good size scratch on the edge of the upper "V" -- see the photo. There's also a finish crack where the volume/tone control module fits into the side of the body. Frets are in good condition. Comes with original Takamine-labeled case AND original Takamine owner's manual.

MASSIVE stage presence and mojo. I simply HAD to have this when I saw a photo of Mitch Easter playing his years ago.

Asking $1200 paypaled, professionally packaged, and shipped anywhere in the Continental U.S. No trades -- cash is king! I've got 300 positive reviews on fleabay under my name bizzwriter.

# # #

i-1.jpg

i-2.jpg

i-3.jpg

i-5.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

:blink:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David B @ Nov 13 2008, 07:58 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

See if Mitch wants it.

http://fidelitorium.com/contact.html

For Mitch I'll personally deliver it too!

He has tons of guitars, he really might want it. I live less than a mile from him.

I remember him playing one of those with Let's Active a few times in the mid/late '80s. It was pretty much that and a pair of RICs during that time period (around "Big Plans" and "Every Dog"). Always thought that was pretty unique, and have only seen a small handful for sale in the last 20+ years.

In a relatively unrelated "Plate of Shrimp" moment, I (literally) bumped into John Heames sister over the weekend in Winston.

I just posted my "final drop before fleabay" price on the Gear Page: $1,075 -- that would put it at $1,025 shipped and paypalled CONUS for HFC'rs...

Got a couple more guitars going up soon, too -- whittling down to essentials -- I'll keep you guys in the loop...

Archived