Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB - 2 Celestion V30s 8 ohms

Real longshot here. These are the only speaker I've ever liked in this amp. Problem is that I still have the 8 screws per speaker mounting setup, Celestions have 4. This is a 68' Twin so there is no removable grill. I can attempt to back them out and then cut heads but what a pain. The studs also have a reverse "locking thread to hold them in place. Sometimes folks drilled the frames on there Celestion to get them in a Fender and can't get rid of them because of the mod. If you have a set of those you'd like to part with I'd be interested. A pair of regular 8ohm V30s would be cool too.

I think that you can remove the baffle board from the back side and have good access to the bolts. Check out this discussion:

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&...c_number=690182

Thanks and yes that's kind of the case, but actually I did the restoration on the amp and built the new baffle board duplicating the original 68' board.. they are very simple... except getting the baffle screws out. I would have to back the screws out towards the grill cloth and then dremel the heads off and then bring them out the back side. I should have built it with for per speaker and just left holes for the remaining screws...duhhhh!!!!! I'll probably just do a removal and suck it up.

Archived