Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Impact 5 string neck thru bass - pics inside! (56k heart attack)

generic

RJoseph133 found one of those locally. If I recall correctly it was covered in dust, relegated to the back of a very small shop, and he got it for a ridiculously low price. Wish I'd scored that, gold hardware and all! So f'ing cool!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new here and I'm having a hard time attaching some pics..Help would be appreciated...Thanks and I love the site!

Also, I just bought a Spector bass (NS-5XL) and it doesn't match my Hamer, tone wise....I keep trying to better my sound and feel, and I resort back to my Hamer.....Tone wise, it's hard to beat live or in session work...Thanks again!

Check with Alpep here on the HFC - he usually has some N.O.S. gold Hamer-branded bass tuners in stock, and they are very reasonably priced.

Not sure if he has both Left and Right side tuners available, but that would be where I'd start.

I might have a set around still-I know I had a couple sets when I had one of the neck thru blanks (4 string) for one of these.

I might have a set around still-I know I had a couple sets when I had one of the neck thru blanks (4 string) for one of these.

Please let me know, I'd love to have them...i've got 1 that is a little bent and I'd like to replace them all really...Thanks

As a bassist, I must add "WOW" to the admiring chorus. Man, valuing those is gonna be tough, as while they are beautiful, well-made and rare, the INFORMED market is very small. You'd have to sell to a Hamer fan who plays bass. For insurance purposes, I'd get written appraisals from two or three of the dealers on this board. My wild guess is that you SHOULD be able to sell for $3000 but in this economy, who knows? I'd guess if you can document the number made and the original price you could get them insured at a replacement value of over $3K.

Someday I will have an Impact bass... someday...

As a bassist, I must add "WOW" to the admiring chorus. Man, valuing those is gonna be tough, as while they are beautiful, well-made and rare, the INFORMED market is very small. You'd have to sell to a Hamer fan who plays bass. For insurance purposes, I'd get written appraisals from two or three of the dealers on this board. My wild guess is that you SHOULD be able to sell for $3000 but in this economy, who knows? I'd guess if you can document the number made and the original price you could get them insured at a replacement value of over $3K.

Someday I will have an Impact bass... someday...

I sold the 2 I had, they were the best playing long scale basses I've ever had. I took the cash and got the best playing B4M Hamer has made for me.

HamerWhiteB4M013.jpg

Looks even better with black hardware.

IMG_0336.jpg

Finally found what i was looking for...The Hamer Imapct 5 string has a EMG BTC system in it along wirth the EMG pickups...Now I can move forward and try out the BTC system in another bass of mine....Thanks for all the input...

FWIW - I do still have a couple of BTS kits that were never installed:

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...opic=36267&

According to the install guide, the difference between the BTC and the BTS is the BTC uses a concentric pot, where the BTS uses two separate pots. FWIW - The BTS or BTC control works on both active and passive pups, but the BTS or BTC system require active EMG pups.

So when you're shopping around, look carefully at what you're getting to make sure it is what you want.

Hope that helps.

FWIW - I do still have a couple of BTS kits that were never installed:

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...opic=36267&

According to the install guide, the difference between the BTC and the BTS is the BTC uses a concentric pot, where the BTS uses two separate pots. FWIW - The BTS or BTC control works on both active and passive pups, but the BTS or BTC system require active EMG pups.

So when you're shopping around, look carefully at what you're getting to make sure it is what you want.

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot...the bass I am putting it in is a spector ns-5xl and I'm just hoping it sounds close to my hamer...Just close will suit me...The Spector is very similar to my Hamer...both have 18 volts and both have the same configuration as far as volume-----bass-treble boost----and pan....The guy at Hamer said that there only a select few made...it sounds so good in the studio and live...I do like the neck on the Spector it's a little quicker and larger but again, the jury is still out as far as tone...I've tried many basses and have always ended up playing my Hamer...

Archived