Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Year's Guitar Appropriation Fantasy

Hamerhack

Since it's New Year's, and since 2008 should be officially declared a "do-over", how's about this...

You can have one guitar from any HFC member.

It's okay if multiple people covet the same axe, because it will magically manufactured by the good ol' Calvin & Hobbes Duplicator.

My choice is the fabled Camstone Duotone, shown here in all it's BCR Greg Photo glory:

flamep90duotone.jpg

So far today, I'm liking the 0706 Standard...

If that one is already taken (it is), then I'll take "my" Electraglide, please!

B)

The two most desirable items around to me --according to my current state of mind:

1- BTMN's Korina Vector:

04kev2.jpg

2- Russ' white "ugly-headstock" '84 Vector:

vector003.jpg

Edited to add: I don't really know in which order, even if the korina babe I know it's better --at least in theory. B)

That vector is the shiznit, I believe Hamer is the only guitar Co. that managed to get a Korina V-shaped body to sound right, I'm not sure why but a Hamer's tone is full (meaning it covers a broader range of frequencies) whereas some others are on the thin side (treble heavy).

The two most desirable items around to me --according to my current state of mind:

1- BTMN's Korina Vector:

04kev2.jpg

Bonne année mon ami !

That vector is the shiznit, I believe Hamer is the only guitar Co. that managed to get a Korina V-shaped body to sound right, I'm not sure why but a Hamer's tone is full (meaning it covers a broader range of frequencies) whereas some others are on the thin side (treble heavy).

1- BTMN's Korina Vector:

04kev2.jpg

Bonne année mon ami !

So hot...

That may be the most hellacious top I've seen on an old Hamer. God knows, none of my KKs were even close to that, and most of the old Standards aren't nearly that deep. Nice! Who's is that?

I remembered it from an old Vector thread. I think it was Zorrow's guitar.

That may be the most hellacious top I've seen on an old Hamer. God knows, none of my KKs were even close to that, and most of the old Standards aren't nearly that deep. Nice! Who's is that?

I remembered it from an old Vector thread. I think it was Zorrow's guitar.

I wished it was! No, it's actually Seeker's -- but FYI I'm the first in line. B)

Archived