Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1996 Mahogany Standard on eBay

Guest pirateflynn
I guess I made the assumption that he had tried to sell it locally on craig's list (and couldn't) and than resorted to eBay. Almost all eBay transactions are done by description and pictures. If a guy wants to come over and check out a guitar I would almost always say no. I'm sure there are exceptions like if we're talking about an expensive vintage piece. A visual inspection and in hand demo would make more sense but otherwise, in my experience, these kind of inquiries come for buyers would are not serious. If you don't like the terms of the seller, move on. It's as simple as that.

All valid points, but do not change the fact that the seller is making up shit.

Yeah, you're probably right but people are incompetent in general. I always factor that in before I bid. lol

It IS against eBay policy to sell an advertised item off eBay, and maybe he simply doesn't want a dozen unknown yahoos coming to his house, specially depending where he lives. I know I don't.

Collectible? Sure, and they're no longer in production, and I bet Hamer won't even make one just like it (with crowns), and I bet a custom order like that would cost a pile anyways.

They probably did LIST somewhere around $3000 then... not that anyone pays that. A Standard Custom lists at over $4200.

Can get body blanks that size? Well you can, but they are getting rare, and even some on the '97 Hamer Standards shipped with two piece bodies...

I don't see what your problems are guys... there are so many people who are way off in their descriptions, this guys just exaggerated a touch, passed on what he's been told or maybe he simply doesn't know better.

It IS against eBay policy to sell an advertised item off eBay, and maybe he simply doesn't want a dozen unknown yahoos coming to his house, specially depending where he lives. I know I don't.

Collectible? Sure, and they're no longer in production, and I bet Hamer won't even make one just like it (with crowns), and I bet a custom order like that would cost a pile anyways.

They probably did LIST somewhere around $3000 then... not that anyone pays that. A Standard Custom lists at over $4200.

Can get body blanks that size? Well you can, but they are getting rare, and even some on the '97 Hamer Standards shipped with two piece bodies...

I don't see what your problems are guys... there are so many people who are way off in their descriptions, this guys just exaggerated a touch, passed on what he's been told or maybe he simply doesn't know better.

Ok, so it's against ebaY policy. So-fucking-what? They get their money either way. They and the seller can go scratch.

The guitar has dot, not crowns, and sell used in the $1000 range every time they come up for sale. It's not often, but we all know of a few that have made the rounds here several times. What the guitar listed for is about as relevant as the number of "questions to answer about it from eBay members."

I can't speak for anyone else, but the problem I have with the seller is that he's a tool. And that's enough for me.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the problem I have with the seller is that he's a tool. And that's enough for me.

i concur :(

:D:D:D:(:D:D:P:lol:

tool hahahaha

to me this whole auction seems fishy

Randy

Guest pirateflynn

That's a nice guitar for $1000 bucks. It's a great way to check out a Standard without breaking the bank. If you like it, then it's time to place your Custom Order!

:(

I don't think the guy knows much about guitars. When I emailed him about the weight, he said it's very heavy. Then posts that it's 8.8lbs. That's light weight for a solid Mahogany guitar, especially a Standard! I was thinking the thing was an 11lb boat-anchor.

Not exactly a good sales pitch. :( See you all here tomorrow, same time, same bat channel!

Not to scare anyone off (And no, I'm not bidding on it) but he only has two Ebay sales on his feedback. All the others he was the buyer. Hmmmm?

That wouldn't bother me. I was like that forever myself. I tend to buy more than sell by a wide margin.

I hope somewhere here gets this - I want to see better pics.

My only humor comes from musicalhealer's annoyance.

It looks like its creeping up to market value. I think it will end up right around $1000. Good luck to the bidders.

I can't see how he is going to ship that in a new Uline shipping box for $40 and cover his costs.

Especially if the high bidder is west of the Rockies!

Santellavision nailed the price. $1111 seems fair. Not a huge bargain with a non original case but those don't come up for sale very often. I hope the extra $111 bucks was worth it to the seller to deal with all of those "annoying" questions.

Speaking of questions- I'm surprised no mention of Hameritis came up in the deluge of questions. I hope it doesn't have it but in my experience natural finishes from that time period seem more prone to it.

bubs_42, be sure to post some new pics when you get it. :D

Belive it or not, it wasn't me... It was a good price I couldn't get passed the gold hardware. :( I've had a steller guitar buying year last year so, and some not so good buy's. So this years I making them count. I did miss that SuperPro that just went for 1,300.00 2002 Namm guitar. Sweet guitar. I'm a little gun shy and I hesitated. :D Hey there will be more!

:( SON OF A....

I left work with 30 minutes to go in the auction, was the leader in the clubhouse at $1,025 and had a bid in for up to 1100 must've got sniped right at the buzzer. :D Damn! I've been wanting one of those for a while, wonder if I'd have gone to 1150 if I'd be the winner now...

Looked like a really nice one piece body - Oh well guess another one will come along sometime.

Curious if someone here got it, I hope so. If so, congrats!

Archived