Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Black is Beautiful!!!!

bbobb24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to take some better pics soon, but I've been on kind of a black guitar kick lately, can't seem to get enough.

82 Greco EX800HB - I recently bought a 1978 version of the same guitar in MUCH better shape than this beater. But there is something special about this one:

0847_3.jpg

08 Gretsch Billy Bo - Yeah, I know. But I love Gretsches, TV Jones Powertrons and odd shapes. It rocks like no other:

7_00A4224.jpg

I'll try to get pics up of my Black B&C Sunburst and the 78 Greco soon.

I'll try to take some better pics soon, but I've been on kind of a black guitar kick lately, can't seem to get enough.

82 Greco EX800HB - I recently bought a 1978 version of the same guitar in MUCH better shape than this beater. But there is something special about this one:

0847_3.jpg

08 Gretsch Billy Bo - Yeah, I know. But I love Gretsches, TV Jones Powertrons and odd shapes. It rocks like no other:

7_00A4224.jpg

I'll try to get pics up of my Black B&C Sunburst and the 78 Greco soon.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that blood on that Greco Explorer? Could this be a murder weapon or were you doing the Gene Simmons thing? :(:D:D

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that blood on that Greco Explorer? Could this be a murder weapon or were you doing the Gene Simmons thing? :(:D:D

The story on the guitar (I bought it from Japan) is that a previous owner had put a sticker on it and used some pink or red paint for some reason, probably an 80's thing. Instead of using care to remove the atrocities, some sort of scraper was used, thus the scratches. Some paint was left behind, and that's what you're seeing. Before I received it, my intention was to maybe try to clean it up and buff out some of the scratches, possibly even a top refin. But once I replaced the 15 year old strings and adjusted the bridge, it played and sounded so good that I decided to just leave it as is. It's got a great beater vibe to it and I'm not at all afraid of further damage.

newSS14_cr.jpg

I need to get a better pic of that Robin

bassfam2050407.jpg

Made in Japan Ibanez SR885, the best bass in the $300 range.

SR885body.jpg

The Japanese Strat I got for $10 in a pawn shop, I need a truss rod nut for it, it may still be salvageable, but it was worth the $10 just for the Gotoh tuners. That's real human hair under the brush paintjob

tendollarstrat.jpg

'78 Yamaha BB800, a very-very good P

YamahaBB800.jpg

this '76 P cleaned up pretty good, and is also a very good bass, I've just had it a couple of weeks, I need a better photo!!

76Pneckpocket.jpg

80 Dean ML Standard

80MLStd008.jpg

05 Dean TCZF

HondoandZ041.jpg

Dean Razorback 2 Tone US prototype

dumbandfirebird001.jpg

Squier Tele Custom 2

421tele65.jpg

04 KxK V-1 Spiderweb (none more metal!!! :(:D )

Forsale101.jpg

Burny BSG-61

SG001.jpg

96 Dean ML LTD

96ml001.jpg

Dean Firebird

eh086.jpg

84 Greco FV

eh020.jpg

Washburn Culprit

eh112.jpg

99 BC Rich CS Warlock 7

eh116.jpg

Washburn maple Blackjack

TurdFerguson010.jpg

THE PUNISHER

Punisher009.jpg

89 Gibson V90 Double

goon037.jpg

Me and the lady

Padres9-13001.jpg

Brandon-that's awesome! You still have that 80 ML? I thought that moved along. VERY cool indeed though in any event.

Archived