Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Black is Beautiful!!!!

bbobb24

Yep, I kept it. I moved a couple of other $ guitars and bought some Japanese ones. I think, actually, after cleaning house, I have MORE guitars than I had before. :(

That's happened to me more times than I care to count. I'm just now finally at the point where I've actually been successful at actually reducing the overall number, but then a new roof and water heater (mine let go this week, just as I was thinking I'd have some fun money around) helped that cause.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1983 '57 Reissue Fullerton made ordered as a tribute to Blackie, trem tightened down:

P1010001-2.jpg

HOLY CRAP that's clean! I had one (a 1/83 neck date) with a number close to that-and yes, I know that the #s weren't sequential. Wow that's cool!

One of the regretfully sold. This one had awesome tone, the only guitar with a JB in the bridge I had that sounded good. It was rather heavy and had a neck on the thin side, so I sold it. Stupid me. It was great.

Sunburst-floyd-1991.jpg

1983 '57 Reissue Fullerton made ordered as a tribute to Blackie, trem tightened down:

P1010001-2.jpg

HOLY CRAP that's clean! I had one (a 1/83 neck date) with a number close to that-and yes, I know that the #s weren't sequential. Wow that's cool!

Thanks

P1010013-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

Yes it's pretty much a 99.9% clean guitar, and my favorite Strat, even over my first one, a 1965 Transition logoed one in 1968.

These are killer guitars, thanks for the compliment!

yngwie308

Gone but not forgotten

gt800.jpg

As I recall, when you sold it -it was nothing but a body stripped to bare wood. The next owner did the full restoration and refinish to bring it to what you see in the photo.

Freud would have a field day with this little point/counterpoint.

Gone but not forgotten

As I recall, when you sold it -it was nothing but a body stripped to bare wood. The next owner did the full restoration and refinish to bring it to what you see in the photo.

Dave,

I've seen Jason01 posting pictures of that Phantom on here many times and basically (by the way he words his comments or captions about it) makes it seem like he owned it in that condition or restored it to that condition when in fact he didn't. Give some credit to the dude who actually did the work. At least put a disclaimer like most of us do when posting pictures off other people's guitars that "this is not my guitar" or tell people that when you sold it it was nothing more than a stripped bare piece of wood. I know I wouldn't want someone taking credit for my hard work.

Dave,

I've seen Jason01 posting pictures of that Phantom on here many times and basically (by the way he words his comments or captions about it) makes it seem like he owned it in that condition or restored it to that condition when in fact he didn't. Give some credit to the dude who actually did the work. At least put a disclaimer like most of us do when posting pictures off other people's guitars that "this is not my guitar" or tell people that when you sold it it was nothing more than a stripped bare piece of wood. I know I wouldn't want someone taking credit for my hard work.

That's half the analysis right there, on the other hand, you've managed an awful lot of strongly opined chop bustin' in 52 posts. But, it's good to know who we are, where we stand, and i guess it takes a village. :(

Gone but not forgotten

gt800.jpg

Dave,

I'm sorry, I would have thought by now for how many times I have said Hellrider67 did the refin on that guitar that it would have been redundant to post it again. He took that pic too btw. The title of the thread was black guitars and since others had posted guitars that were no longer in their posession I figured that one was fair game to include. My apologies if I've made it sound somewhere like I was trying to take credit for the work he did on it. I'm pretty sure in one of the lasts posts on the WTB phantom GT thread I made it quite clear who did the refin on the guitar.

:D Dave, What's the post quota I need to meet before I'm allowed to bust chops? :(

500 posts or 3 years of being a nice guy, or the proper smiley.

Talk about bustin' chops... I had this Hamer dealer dude send me a rare vintage Hamer with a top mounted Floyd Rose and he didn't bother to... ahhh, but that's a story for another day. :D

Was that you who shipped me the White Phantom that arrived with broken headstock? 'Cause I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise.

Dean Firebird

eh086.jpg

What?!? Details please!

I bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy who built it. I don't remember when it went down, but I guess this luthier who works in some big shop in LA decided he wanted a Dean Firebird, so he slaughtered an E'Lite, made a Firebird body, and put the two together. Viola! Dean Firebird! It plays great, too, and sounds even better with the WCR Fillmores. I DIG!

Dean Firebird

eh086.jpg

What?!? Details please!

I bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy who built it. I don't remember when it went down, but I guess this luthier who works in some big shop in LA decided he wanted a Dean Firebird, so he slaughtered an E'Lite, made a Firebird body, and put the two together. Viola! Dean Firebird! It plays great, too, and sounds even better with the WCR Fillmores. I DIG!

Looks great now, but would be absolutely SICK with black hardware!

Archived