Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HAMER TLE pron por favor

BubbaVO

Any love for the TLE out there? I missed out on a usa TLE and GAS has hit bad. If you've got them in a player's condition, so much the better, I do appreciate a guitar that was good enough to play for a long time.

Clearly this design wasn't a reinterpretation of a gib$on or fendr design, but an effort to do something a little different. Is there any story behind the design of these guitars?

Thanks for sharing.

Clearly this design wasn't a reinterpretation of a gib$on or fendr design, but an effort to do something a little different. Is there any story behind the design of these guitars?

I don't know -- looks kinda Tele-ish to me. That one in the photo above is HOT.

Two LONGscale TLEs...Look close at the lighter one, the headstock is 3/4 inch longer that the red one. It's also a narrower fingerboard than a normal TLE, matched to a 60s Fender Tele.

TLEpairLomgscales_web.jpg

TLEpairLongscalesClose_Web.jpg

I don't know -- looks kinda Tele-ish to me. That one in the photo above is HOT.

Good point. Mahogany bodies/maple veneer tops - not too fenderish? Body style is tele-ish. I love that S-S-H mode - its got to be versatile.

Just waiting for this one to stroll through the door. should be here by monday.

TLE_Cbdyside.jpg

TLE_Cfrtfull.jpg

TLE_Cbackfull.jpg

TLE_Csn.jpg

pictures are the property of HamStd.

I had a cherry '86 that had a wide neck that I couldn't get used to. I'm not sure of the dims., but it was wider than my '82 Sunburst and '85 A5. I liked the sound of those two better also, so I sold it. I think BadgerDave had it for awhile and then moved it. It was very clean, however and I loved the looks of it.

Is there any story behind the design of these guitars?

Great looking guitars! I'd say the story behind them are "the 80's". Many shredder type of guitars came with tele-shaped bodies and with a Floyd Rose or Kahler. I've seen Jacksons, G&L and others.

Here is Jesse Johnson from the Time. Typical 80's look to match the guitar :)

336486.jpg

Jorge's picture actually makes the guitar look like that semi-transparent yellow/brown finish that Hamer put on some solid mahogany Standards, Specials, Prototypes and Monacos.

A solid mahogany TLE in that color with the covered bridge pickup and Barden singles...what a cool thing that would be.

Archived