Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Black Daytona on San Diego craigslist

Lookin :D questionable. NO case, No Gigbag and he hasn't played it in 10 years. Where's he keep it? Awaiting an answer back. I want a black one and but I'll probly be selling one of my others. As far as the whammy goes. Just don't use it. Put another spring on the back to hold it downa and go at it. Thats' what I do.

I heard back from him earlier tonight. Ditto on no case, but he doesn't want to ship it.

Rocktuna invoked familial privilege so tonight I picked it up on his behalf.

The seller plays progressive metal, so I suspect this guitar sat on the stand in preference of an instrument better suited to metal (he's gone the 7-string route).

I would call it good to very good condition. There are some scuffs on the body but no scratches or dings - I think a good buffing would take care of them. Pickguard is unmarked(!). The neck has some dings on the back, the fingerboard is okay (well, needs cleaning) and the frets could use a dressing, but it's very playable as is. Pickups are strong 'n' loud. As advertised, original bridge is corroded (I grabbed it as well).

With a little TLC Rocktuna will have a pretty nice Daytona. A better investment than an older Strat...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Rocktuna!

Pleasure chatting with you the other night and meeting you today at the GuitarCenter. The Daytona is sweet. The Rebel amp we tried - not so. He whipped off some tasty licks. I, on the other hand, plowed through with some Kumbaya chords. Just didn't click with it. You're really a good guy, thanks again.

Archived