Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Daytona prices

Telephono

The tough part is finding one that is both light AND has a rosewood board.

Sorry fella, I've got it on the bench now awaiting new pups. Looks like either Dimarzio Vintage Blues and a Vintage Solo or Protrack and two cruisers...

I have 2 Daytona's but the Maple neck one will probley be the one to go. But just to I can get another Maple Neck in White or Black... Good luck on your search.

Sorry fella, I've got it on the bench now awaiting new pups. Looks like either Dimarzio Vintage Blues and a Vintage Solo or Protrack and two cruisers...

I have 2 Daytona's but the Maple neck one will probley be the one to go. But just to I can get another Maple Neck in White or Black... Good luck on your search.

Pickups are about the only non original parts I don't care about. I would probably go with Lollars anyway.

Ya, but i've got one.

Is it for sale? If so PM me with more info.

Jim

As do I :D

Daytona.jpg

After months of neglect Ipulled it out and played it some.Damn what a great Strat, I don't think I could sell it, thought I could before I played it again. Same with the Monaco III, both just too nice!!!!

ArnieZ

Ya, but i've got one.

Jim

Daytona.jpg

After months of neglect Ipulled it out and played it some.Damn what a great Strat, I don't think I could sell it, thought I could before I played it again. Same with the Monaco III, both just too nice!!!!

ArnieZ

That Daytona would probably do nicely. I would like to find one somewhere around 7lbs 12oz or lighter if possible.

Most Daytonas have maple boards, and most are not exactly light (although there are a lot more light Daytonas than T51s - most of those are stones).

You didn't mention body wood, but if you want ash, you will be looking a LONG time. I've only seen one ash/rosewood Daytona, and it had a '97 serial - made up of leftover parts, I suspect.

Most Daytonas have maple boards, and most are not exactly light (although there are a lot more light Daytonas than T51s - most of those are stones).

You didn't mention body wood, but if you want ash, you will be looking a LONG time. I've only seen one ash/rosewood Daytona, and it had a '97 serial - made up of leftover parts, I suspect.

That all sounds about right to me. I looked for over a year to find a nice, fairly light weight (7lbs 12oz) T-51 with a rosewood board and butterscotch finish. I got it less than a month ago and now I am sold on Hamers. I have had 3 pre CBS Teles and this sounds as good as any or those, has better sustain and much better hardware. The pickups aren't half bad either.

The type of wood doesn't matter to me as long as it looks good and is light. The T-51 is Southern Ash with a uniform grain pattern.

Ya, but i've got one.

Jim

Daytona.jpg

ArnieZ

ArnieZ if you read this please do me a favor change you signature for me. Please replace it with something else please. I would love to have that git fiddle it drives me nuts to see it all of the time.

Hey Arnie...where did you get that one?

I had one exactly like it (except I had a white pearl guard on it) - two-tone burst on alder, rosewood board - that was the lightest Daytona I've ever owned.

I sold it to a friend in the Cincinnati area, and I know he sold it later - could it be yours?

I guess I would consider a maple neck one. I have bad memories of older maple fretboard Strats and Teles with small frets and my fingertips sticking on the board. I know the Daytona has bigger, taller frets so that shouldn't be a problem. It would still have to be light though. That part is non negotiable. I have a Tele that weighs 8lbs. It is a nice player and sounder but it just doesn't get that much play because of the weight. In the 60s, 70s and 80s I was into mostly Les Pauls and weight was never a consideration. My, how things have changed.

I had one exactly like it (except I had a white pearl guard on it) - two-tone burst on alder, rosewood board - that was the lightest Daytona I've ever owned.

I sold it to a friend in the Cincinnati area, and I know he sold it later - could it be yours?

Admiral,

This was not yours! Former Hamer employee Kevin Thiel, who I was friendly with, sent me this Daytona when Hamer was moving to CT and he was not . He hoped I would know someone that would want it. I think he knew I'd end up buying it from him. It's very light and plays and sounds great.

ArnieZ

Admiral,

This was not yours! Former Hamer employee Kevin Thiel, who I was friendly with, sent me this Daytona when Hamer was moving to CT and he was not . He hoped I would know someone that would want it. I think he knew I'd end up buying it from him. It's very light and plays and sounds great.

ArnieZ

First I had a 1997 rosewood board Daytona, which I liked, but it was very heavy.

But then I got a 1994 T-51 with a maple board from Scott P. of The Gear Page and it is light and it sings and the maple board is very nice.

So I needed a Daytona with the same kind of board and I got a 1994 Sunburst one from BCR Greg. And I couldn't be happier, because though it is heavier than my T-51 it is much lighter than my first Daytona.

Gabe :P

So I wanted a Daytona with the same kind of maple board. Got a 1994

Archived