Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tone Pros locking tailpiece

I might just have to come out and say changing strings one at a time is for pussies, LOL.

For floyded guitars, I use a device called the tremolok which keeps it level. On my EBMM's I can't use that so I stuff some folded up paper under the trem. I don't change my strings constatntly, so I clean intemittently like poe.

Silentman beat me to it. :)

Tremolok.jpg

I don't think they make these anymore. Anything similar on the market?

I would have never guessed changing strings one at a time vs. all at the same time would have been this big of an issue...

Not that it matters much, but mark me down for all at one time.

Mine too...but when your guitar starts to smell bad...you gotta do something. LOL!!!

One of the benefits of playing to much smaller crowds than Stoney Kurtis. Only thing that reeks of smoke is my cord bag, because it sits behind my amp onstage, and everyone in the band is a goddamn chimney.

Thanks for all the replies! Lots to consider, but I'm a one-at-a-time string changer too, so no worries about the tailpiece sliding off.

I'll keep thinking about the change-out.

sk

Thanks for all the replies! Lots to consider, but I'm a one-at-a-time string changer too, so no worries about the tailpiece sliding off.

I'll keep thinking about the change-out.

sk

There is a guy on the gear page selling sets for $55 shipped. That for the nashville bridge and tailpiece.He had 10 sets. I bought one and installed it on my sunburst. Huge difference to me. Mainly because its so damn sturdy but there is more sustain. My sunburst had a cheesey TOM bridge though.

Hey specialk - I got a chrome set you can try - but - you have to wait 'til I change the strings on my Standard. If you like 'em, we'll work something out.

Hey specialk - I got a chrome set you can try - but - you have to wait 'til I change the strings on my Standard. If you like 'em, we'll work something out.

Thanks for the very generous offer, hamerhead! PM on its way!

Rod

tonepro bridge; yes

tonepro tailpiece: ahhhhh not so much. I like the light aluminum one the best.

I've always wondered about the aluminum stuff. Is it just for weight savings, or tone? It would seem that heavier would be better for sustain and tone not lighter? See the other post re. the trem blocks of brass vs. titanium etc.

Archived