Hamer Fan Club Message Center

US Masters Hornet (SG) new for $959 with case

Yup. Made in the US, by the guys that made the Dean USA guitars for the last 10+ years. This one just walked in the door and we are killed.......

bcrgreg-albums-stuff-picture9546-dsc00862.jpg

bcrgreg-albums-stuff-picture9545-dsc00864.jpg

Mahogany body, maple neck, pau ferro board, custom voiced humbuckers and a hard shell case for less than a grand.

My personal Hornet is my number 2 guitar, never to leave my hands.

Full deets here, kippers!

These are nice guitars. I tried to like SGs for years but they never felt right- these are cool guitars. I had no idea that they were less than a grand new. I DO know that Greg's yellow Hornet smokes.

So I was at Greggies shop one day playing his Hornet and I was complaining that an SG I had the neck was so flexible that it would go out of tune just from the pressure of your hand on the neck.

So Greg strums his guitar and holds it parallel to the floor(by the headstock) and literally shakes the shit out of it. I'm expecting the neck to snap at the body but the damn thing didn't even waver. I was more than impressed and had a little damp spot in my pants too.

how does the neck joint in these differ from the modern sg standard/special style neck joint? not the kind that the vos and 61 reissues have, but the newer one that joins around the 19th fret...

It's beefier and stronger. Look at the pic.

how does the neck joint in these differ from the modern sg standard/special style neck joint? not the kind that the vos and 61 reissues have, but the newer one that joins around the 19th fret...

It's beefier and stronger. Look at the pic.

Greg do they have the tone (Angus) of a 61 or 61 reissue? I may want to try one out and do a review B)

Archived