Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Any guitar you can convince me was owned by Tommy Shaw

Or Rick Emmitt, for that matter.

Heck, I guess it would be cool to own any "celebrity" guitar, even if I don't actively lust after any but those three. If you've got something once owned by someone famous, let me know. I'll probably shrug with indifference in 90% of the cases. (I couldn't afford a SRV or EVH-owned guitar, I don't care enough about Joe Perry to pay a premium, probably wouldn't pay even $1 more for a guitar played by, say, the Edge or Dave Steward, and don't care about any guitar owned by someone I don't know the name of, even if I know that band, i.e., don't bother offering me a guitar once owned by someone in Saxon or Glass Tiger).

Other than the 3 mentioned above that I might be willing to pay a premium for, consider me a potential buyer of any reasonably-priced 80s band celebrity guitar.

Edited to add: I do want to clarify that it is the guitars I lust after, not the individuals.

I've owned a few celeb guitars-not as many as some here have/do. For 80s stuff, I'm pretty much down to a Kip Winger prototype bass, an Elliot Easton guitar, and a Krokus guitar, but those aren't for sale!

No Styx-closest I came to that was a Jack Blades bass.

I don't care enough about Joe Perry to pay a premium, probably wouldn't pay even $1 more for a guitar played by, say, the Edge or Dave Steward, and don't care about any guitar owned by someone I don't know the name of, even if I know that band, i.e., don't bother offering me a guitar once owned by someone in Saxon or Glass Tiger).

Ok, we'll keep that in mind

There are some HFC'ers who own some cool celeb/name player guitars (including a few Tommy Shaw customs).

Keep in mind that you would have to be prepared to sell your entire collection and then find a way to multiply the proceeds to even get to the deal table! :D

You just missed this Phantom. Not just a celeb guitar, but a really cool guitar in its own right AND a really great piece of Hamer history (all my opinion, of course). You might watch for it to pop back up...

One of my first posts on this board (back in 1999 IIRC) was about a very cool Daytona formerly owned by ex Jesus Lizard and Hank Williams III guitarist Duane Denison.

I found out about the Denison connection when I noticed the "Jesus Lizard" logo stenciled on the case, did a google search and turned up photos of Duane playing the guitar.

Increased the value by 60% - from $450 to $750!

I can stop anytime....

Just one more to show I can control it.....

It's just too good to pass up......

Just going to add a celebrity guitar for collectibility

ETC

ETC

ETC

Might be time for an intervention- send all of your guitars to me so you can quit cold turkey.

Nathan wants to buy another Hamer? Wasn't there a thread saying just the opposite a couple of weeks ago...?

I've decided to embrace the dark side.

I can stop anytime....

Just one more to show I can control it.....

It's just too good to pass up......

Just going to add a celebrity guitar for collectibility

ETC

ETC

ETC

Might be time for an intervention- send all of your guitars to me so you can quit cold turkey.

I've decided to embrace the dark side.

Keep in mind that you would have to be prepared to sell your entire collection and then find a way to multiply the proceeds to even get to the deal table! :D

Yep. I would trade all the guitars listed in my sig, plus a few extra guitars not listed (like the 95 USA Studio), plus throw in some cash, to get a single Tommy Shaw-owned guitar.

I've got it on pretty good authority that many of the groundbreaking tracks on The Grand Illusion were recorded on the 2007 Strat I have for sale here. I have a note from Mr. Shaw documenting ownership somewhere.

I am not even adding a premium to the price for it, mostly because I'm such a cool guy.

Ah yes - here it is:

shaw.jpg

Let me know if you're interested.

I've got it on pretty good authority that many of the groundbreaking tracks on The Grand Illusion were recorded on the 2007 Strat I have for sale here. I have a note from Mr. Shaw documenting ownership somewhere.

I am not even adding a premium to the price for it, mostly because I'm such a cool guy.

Ah yes - here it is:

shaw.jpg

Let me know if you're interested.

Hmmm....

:D:D;)

shaw.jpg

Yep! I'd recognize that signature anywhere. Definitely Timmy Shoe's.

Or Rick Emmitt, for that matter.

Heck, I guess it would be cool to own any "celebrity" guitar, even if I don't actively lust after any but those three. If you've got something once owned by someone famous, let me know. I'll probably shrug with indifference in 90% of the cases. (I couldn't afford a SRV or EVH-owned guitar, I don't care enough about Joe Perry to pay a premium, probably wouldn't pay even $1 more for a guitar played by, say, the Edge or Dave Steward, and don't care about any guitar owned by someone I don't know the name of, even if I know that band, i.e., don't bother offering me a guitar once owned by someone in Saxon or Glass Tiger).

Other than the 3 mentioned above that I might be willing to pay a premium for, consider me a potential buyer of any reasonably-priced 80s band celebrity guitar.

Edited to add: I do want to clarify that it is the guitars I lust after, not the individuals.

Would you want a guitar that one of the guitarists in Styx (post Shaw/Young) touched when he came and auditioned for my band?

I DO have that Andy Summer Hamer Phantom with the three interghangeable fingerboards but it ain't cheap!

Speaking of cool "rock star" crap....Richie Blackmore actually sent his Brit guitar tech over to audition for us in the '80s and loaned him the actual amp he recorded all of Machine Head with!! It was this really small, black amp like the size of a Pignose, with a lot of melted purple wax candle drippings on the top and face.

That was pretty damn cool to check out. Great sounding little amp...can't remember what it was.

Tommy Shaw...isn't that the guy who did "Girls with Guns"?

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case:

Yes.

But his album "What If?" is far better: a must-have for anyone who likes rock and roll. Almost nothing in common with anything you would have heard on a Styx or Damn Yankees album, but 100%. Kick. Ass.

I've got a car once owned by John Voight, if'n your interested,,, :D

NTTAWWT, right?

I'm not saying one way or the other... Junior Mint? :D

And you wanna be my latex salesman.

I've been working on this new invention to fund future Hamer guitar purchases. I call it: The "Man-ssiere".

Nathan wants to buy another Hamer? Wasn't there a thread saying just the opposite a couple of weeks ago...?

then jumping from XT bottom feeders to celebGear?

i didn't see that one coming

shaw.jpg

LMAO x2

then jumping from XT bottom feeders to celebGear?

i didn't see that one coming

I never said I didn't have the money to buy better guitars. It's all about the justification. If a guitar that costs $200 makes me feel as happy as one that costs $2000, why spend 10x as much. I guess I feel far worse about spending too much money than I do about admitting I'm an idiot when it comes to tone.

But Tommy Shaw is completely awesome. As I've been playing around on the fringes of Hamer world (Hey, I did by a USA Diablo, you know!), I never once considered that Tommy Shaw would have sold some of his Hamers. Or that they would otherwise be available.

The difference simply is: there is no way any other guitar not owned by Tommy Shaw can be as cool or historic for 1/10th the price. So if you gotta pay to play, I want to find out what it would take, be ready, and set some specific saving goals.

I can't seem to have less than 8 guitars now. I love them all. But I would gladly stick with only 1 guitar the rest of my life if it was a Tommy Shaw-owned Californian.

Logical? Perish the thought. But it's still my priority system.

I have these shorts, he left them in my hotel room. Will sell them for the right price.

tommy_shaw_2.jpg

Sorry, there's nothing RIGHT about those shorts!

The only celeb owned thing I have is a napkin from Frank Zappa's birthday cake at the world premiere of the movie "Baby Snakes." Whoops! I forgot! I also have a gold chain from Billy Sheehan that I stole (kinda) at a show when I was 15. But I'm pretty sure he knew it and didn't care. I'll trade them BOTH for any of your guitars! :D

Archived