Hamer Fan Club Message Center

*SOLD* 1991 Hamer USA Sunburst Archtop

Okay,

Seeing as to how I'm spending all my time with my Special these days, this gorgeous Sunburst is up for sale. I bought it from a fellow HFCer about 6 months ago. It has THE TONE, but I don't play it, and it needs to be played. In excellent condition with some tarnishing on the tailpiece. Includes OHSC. I'm the second owner and everything is 100% original.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

SOLD, shipped and insured to the Lower 48. That's what I paid for it, and that's what I'd like to get. Sorry, no trades.

Thanks for looking! :D

Nice one! I like the crowns, too bad they won't do them anymore.

Marc, shhh, :D

Naw, crowns are cool! And the binding has that slightly yellowed look, like old ivory that is really frikkin cool too!

I'll sell it it, cuz like a gun a guitar is meant to be used, but I'm in no hurry to sell. This Sunburst is that nice. Unfortunately, that white Special fits me as well as a guitar can, so it wins on that alone.

sk

I've owned some clean guitars but this one is spotless. This is the first Hamer I ever bought and the rest is history. I sold if for only one reason. It was too Fing clean. Collector Grade material.

You can do better with the pics. It has a stellar top. Flamed and wavy the best kind.

To see it in person it looks exactly like the Sunburst Hamer used in its Ad's when this guitar came out.

mystuff030.jpg

EbayItems07011.jpg

mystuff00732.jpg

mystuff00233.jpg

Hey, bubs!

Thanks for posting the more accurate pics. Cloudy here, and I knew I needed to take some new shots.

Correct on the super-clean condition too! It's been well taken care of here. And I gotta say its tone bowls over the Special, that's why I'm not in a hurry to sell, it's just that the Special is like my old T-51, like it was built for me alone, and that counts.

I think I'll leave this ad up for a while, then get ambitious and write one with new pics that does it justice. Just wanted the fine folks here to know it was available if they were looking for one.

What's the neck shape like on these? Skinny and flat like a shredder, or more rounded/tapered skinning like a Fender? :D

Hi Sam,

Skinny neck, definitely not chunky at all. Somewhere between flat and round, a good feeling neck, IMHO. Not quite as round as my T-51 or Special, but not as flat as a full-out shredder. I guess it's the classic Modern Carve. Dark r/w board that looks really good on this Sunburst.

sk

I've owned some clean guitars but this one is spotless. This is the first Hamer I ever bought and the rest is history. I sold if for only one reason. It was too Fing clean. Collector Grade material.

You can do better with the pics. It has a stellar top. Flamed and wavy the best kind.

To see it in person it looks exactly like the Sunburst Hamer used in its Ad's when this guitar came out.

mystuff030.jpg

EbayItems07011.jpg

mystuff00732.jpg

mystuff00233.jpg

Damn Damn Damn....If I hadnt just bought that 79' sunburst from Bubs I would buy this RIGHT NOW..Not that I dont want the 79' I have 3 already. Sure you wont consider a trade for a MINTY 79 Sunburst?

On 2ND thought I'll take it anyway. Give me the weekend to figure out how to do it without my wife killing me. :D;):D

The early 90's Sunburst all had badass tops. Some IMHO that Hamer ever had.

I agree. My 79' Standard and Custom shop BB LP make it hard to pick up anything else. However, one of my 79 sunbursts... I will never sell and it has a repaired neck! It has the sound I like. Heck the darn thing even sounds good when played unplugged!

I do have a minty 79 that I'll be posting this week for sale.

The early 90's Sunburst all had badass tops. Some IMHO that Hamer ever had.

I agree. My 79' Standard and Custom shop BB LP make it hard to pick up anything else. However, one of my 79 sunbursts... I will never sell and it has a repaired neck! It has the sound I like. Heck the darn thing even sounds good when played unplugged!

I do have a minty 79 that I'll be posting this week for sale.

Thats its, I have a 77 with a broken neck it is the best I've ever heard. :D

The early 90's Sunburst all had badass tops. Some IMHO are the best that Hamer ever had.

+1 on that, good buddy!

To me the earlier Sunbursts had fairly vanilla tops. Washed out, generic flame. The kinda later ones (early 90s) had the best tops I've seen.

I'm not saying the early Sunbursts aren't fantastic, their tops just don't seem to have the oomph that later ones did.

My $.02

sk

This is a '91 I stumbled on in Minneapolis that I let go WAY to quickly.....

192ham1.jpg

Dang. Thats one of the nicest tops I've ever seen!

Sounded as good as it looked too. :D

Right iownit4? :D;):D

192ham3.jpg

192ham2.jpg

post-2-1123603724.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This Sunburst is sold and is heading East to its new home!

YEE FREAKIN HAW!!!

Man I cant wait! I'll have pick with me and the UPS dude jammin! :)

I got one in the mail today (1980 special) on my wifes birthday :):)

Boy that went over like a turd in the punch bowl... ;)

Got her in the mail today and MAN what a Guitar! It has the TONE!

To my surprise my wife even likes the way it looks and didnt even bitch :);)

Thanks Rod! She is everything you said. :):):lol:

Its much better to buy here than on ebay. I have been pleased with EVERY guitar I have bought here on this forum.

Archived