Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rant and warning - Snake Oil Strings

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...what a scoundral. Seems like a lot of these types are popping up these days in the musical products industry. Being a business person myself, there is really no reason for this type of crap. If you can't deliver your projuct, give folks there money back it's as simple as that. Yes I know there are some natural born crooks out there that don't think that way. ...hopefully they'll get weeded out eventually.

You're always guaranteed 100% satisfaction here.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a couple of sets of these off a guy on TGP...unfortunately the strings deliver as advertised and are freaking awesome....the unfortunate part is not knowing if I could actually ever get more strings from dude direct :rolleyes:

Hey, guess what?!

Yeah, nothing. Still no strings.

Isn't it time for "I will call me credit card company" maneuver? :rolleyes:

Dainius

You ever get a chance to try those SIT strings?

Anyone here use www.webstrings.com? I've bought several sets from them at under $3.00 per set and I have been satisfied with them.

I've tried them. They seemed to wear out quicker than the Ernie Ball's I normally used. But that could just be me.

• 1 month later...

I guess no strings arrived so far?

I have tested SIT Powerwounds. They sound differently than SOBs (less midrange "bark"), but they stay in tune WAY better. Its been a week since I tuned guitar last time and just did slight adjustment on 1st and 2nd after extreme bending session.

I have ordered a box of 10-46.

Bye bye Snake Oils...

I have tested SIT Powerwounds. They sound differently than SOBs (less midrange "bark"), but they stay in tune WAY better. Its been a week since I tuned guitar last time and just did slight adjustment on 1st and 2nd after extreme bending session.

Bye bye Snake Oils...

I agree. Nothing bad so say about SITs. Minimal stretching. I'll get a couple of sets from the store in my territory when I'm around.

Tuesday is the five month anniversary of my order. Would it be rude of me to ask for a status this early?

I think you're being very impatient. How dare you question?

This guy is operative like the Department of Motor Vehicles, but in this case there are other choices.

I can't beleive he is still around.

Bye bye Snake Oils...

lol

Good man!!!

Tuesday is the five month anniversary of my order. Would it be rude of me to ask for a status this early?

How dare you be so utterly rude! He's obviously an artiste.

How dare you be so utterly rude! He's obviously an artiste.

He had a pretty interesting column in Premier Guitar this month about American-sounding speakers... probably took a good bit of time to get together and was great advertisement for Tungsten Amplification's T12Q Webers.

He closes with a "See you next month!" so I don't think I'd go waiting by the mail box. :)

He is aware.

The way to get strings from SOS is to pay via paypal. Then wait until the 45 day time limit for disputes is nearly over and file a dispute.

I did this and Dean called me personally asking me to withdraw the dispute. He was all, "Hey dude, that was uncool". I told him I would withdraw the dispute the moment my strings arrived. I got them the next day by express mail.

I think I can live with being uncool. :)

Archived