Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rant and warning - Snake Oil Strings

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
ordered 10 packs of Rock formula LHs from the new website. Arrived as fast as they could make it through our customs. Love them. I guess Dean has sorted out his problems.

Good to hear but he has to make good on either refunds or delivering strings before I send him my money.

Interesting to see that thread has been closed.

(yeah, right!)

Interesting to see that thread has been closed.

(yeah, right!)

Agreed..."Dean" shows up with some purposely vague post that "all is good now but sorry, not gonna tell you what happened in the past." Then the mods post that the negative posts have been removed, then they lock the thread.

I'm glad I don't read TGP unless I'm looking at something for sale or do a search on a specific piece of gear. There's so much ass kissing and hyping of products over there it's not funny.

Agreed, that was poor form. You can't just show up after being absent for month and say "Sorry, its all good now" and expect people to just fall back in line. We deserve a better explanation than that. I love these strings but that just isn't cool.

I hear that WB pickups is another company that subscribes to this type of customer service. Damn shame...another good product ruined by absolutely horrid people skills.

I can't help but think these are the same people who spend $450 for the latest-greatest AC amp cord cuz, well, it improves the tone in their bedroom.

LOL!!! Or the guys that have full stacks in the same bedroom. LOL!!

Tone G A L O R E !

Funny. I'm as guilty as the next poster but if we spent as much time practicing and writing as we do worrying about gear, we'd get better results and be able to eat out more often.

the fact is that I couldn't substitute Snake Oil Rock Formula with other strings. They sound amazing. And to me they cost pretty much the same as Thomastiks and less than Elixirs. Easy choice, as long as Dean delivers them! :P

I remember I've got Reddie with 11s loaded. They sounded ok. When I have changed to Snake Oil's 10s, I had to lower pups quite a lot, as they where much louder and had much powerfull tone in them.

I had only that one set that are now sitting somewhere around the 4-3-2-1 Club. I waited awhile to get my order, but it was totally worth it.

I didn't even open them and they were still the best sounding strings I have ever had.

Archived