Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Daytona down under

wil50n

Many many thanks to bubs, he worked hard to get a good shipping price to Australia for me, and very easy and trusting to deal with.

This one caught my eye when he first put it up for sale. When it was sold, I thought ah well, don't have the cash anyway. When it came up for sale again, I was almost ready, and manage to snag it a little later.

Love the necks on these guitars, same as the T-51, very wide at the nut end, and a good handful. Pickups are the noiseless Bill and Beckys, with a pull on the bridge/middle tone control to bring in the neck pickup for a big sound. They sound great in all positions, very full. It joins an expanding family of a 77 Sunburst, 79 Sunburst, 80 Standard, 82 Special, and a 94 T-51.

I am VERY happy, and again many thanks to bubs, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

One thing I do want is the trem arm, if anyone has a source for one, original or otherwise, please let me know.

daytona2-1.jpg

daytona1-1.jpg

Congrats, sort of. I had all but decided to buy it, but it wasn't for sale long enough for me to make up my mind. :ph34r:

Enjoy it!

Wow, how long do you need! :ph34r: I was almost ready to go down to $350... :ph34r:

But really, I worked hard to get in down under because I felt you really wanted that guitar and I wanted you to have it. Enjoy!

Hey Wil50n

Nice looking guitar , I shoulda kept the surf green Daytona I sold to Barry M , you have my old T-51 IIRC?

I only have the Vanguard , P90 special and the Korina Jr ATM ( love P90's ), but more in the pipeline , just wish some more of these guys would ship to Oz...:ph34r:

Cheers

Mick

Many many thanks to bubs, he worked hard to get a good shipping price to Australia for me, and very easy and trusting to deal with.

This one caught my eye when he first put it up for sale. When it was sold, I thought ah well, don't have the cash anyway. When it came up for sale again, I was almost ready, and manage to snag it a little later.

Love the necks on these guitars, same as the T-51, very wide at the nut end, and a good handful. Pickups are the noiseless Bill and Beckys, with a pull on the bridge/middle tone control to bring in the neck pickup for a big sound. They sound great in all positions, very full. It joins an expanding family of a 77 Sunburst, 79 Sunburst, 80 Standard, 82 Special, and a 94 T-51.

I am VERY happy, and again many thanks to bubs, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

One thing I do want is the trem arm, if anyone has a source for one, original or otherwise, please let me know.

daytona2-1.jpg

daytona1-1.jpg

Cool colour, and I love that pickguard! Is that stock?

Sounds like it's found a good home. Besides we have to spread US culture around the world anyway we can...

Ummm......I don't think you have to worry too much about that. You guys rule the world, and will for the next little while at least.

More Hamers and less MacDonald's please! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

daytona2-1.jpg

daytona1-1.jpg

Cool colour, and I love that pickguard! Is that stock?

I don't think the pickguard is stock. bubs may care to chime in.

Yes Mickb, the T-51 was yours and Wattos.

I already know we are all Strat guys at the very end, so that Daytona will be THE one... Congrats!

Archived