Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A few things on eBay

Oh, that's your Eclipse? How much do you want for it?

-Austin

That's the problem. I really don't know. I think the honest answer is I want the highest price it will sell for. :lol:

If I sold it an HFCer, I'd just sell it for what I paid for it, but I could use the extra bucks this time around.

They seem to vary a bit on eBay, some higher than I expect and some lower.

So, to summarize, "I dunno."

Oh, that's your Eclipse? How much do you want for it?

-Austin

That's the problem. I really don't know. I think the honest answer is I want the highest price it will sell for. :lol:

If I sold it an HFCer, I'd just sell it for what I paid for it, but I could use the extra bucks this time around.

They seem to vary a bit on eBay, some higher than I expect and some lower.

So, to summarize, "I dunno."

Seems reasonable to me. Well, I'll definitely throw a bid in there if it doesn't get too ridiculous!

-Austin

Man, that GT Soul-O sounds like the PERFECT amp for me. Just curious, what do they usually go for new???

Can you just drop in some KT66's when you feel like it or do you need to do a rebiasing thing when you swap tubes?

Z

Man, that GT Soul-O sounds like the PERFECT amp for me. Just curious, what do they usually go for new???

Can you just drop in some KT66's when you feel like it or do you need to do a rebiasing thing when you swap tubes?

Z

Hmmm - I am not sure what they sold for new. I bought this one from our own JohnnyThunders.

I have never swapped the tubes, but according to the manual there is rebiasing involved. The bias control pot is available without opening up the amp, though. It supports a whole handful of different power tubes.

Manual is here: http://www.groovetubes.com/pdfs/S45_Manual.pdf

This amp and the GT-8 are the closest I have found to getting a pretty realistic bunch of usable tones from a modeler. The amp seems to give the digital effects a life they were missing.

On its own, it is a very clean amp, even at high volumes. There are lots of controls to change the overall sound, but for the most part it just provides an assortment of cleans. The reverb is not so great, but it's not terrible either.

There are a few threads on the Gear Page where people discuss their settings and impressions.

I really like it quite a bit, but it's not in the cards at the moment.

Archived