Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar get dissed by VH...

Eddie may be a guitar genius, but he sure comes across as vindictive and petty. Or maybe he is a business genius, too?

Doubtful. Sure, cutting Mike's performances out of the video game versions will keep him from getting those residuals, but wasn't all of the songwriting during the Roth era (and the Hagar era as well) credited to all four members? I'd like to see how EVH plans to prevent Michael Anthony from collecting on long-published work credited in part to him.

He can't, hence the resentment! A friend of mine asked me if I thought Michael Anthony's feelings were hurt by not being included in the Van Halen reunion. I think he probably said "I'm still getting 25% of the publishing right?" Ed is suffering from a serious case of sour grapes! His harmony vocals were a big part of the early VH sound, to cut him out is just greedy.

Its kool to bag on VH but the show in Dallas rocked (canned Mikey vox included), Ed played like a fiend (just back from rehab) and it was good to see DLR again. TBH I quit caring about their peripheral issues long ago. I still spin one of the first 4 albums weekly.

Anyone have an actual photo of the Nike Dunk Low? The pic in the article is of Ed's shoe. Just curious how blatant of a rip off it actually is.

A Google search for Nike Dunk Low didn't show anything even close to the Frankenstein paint job...

Edit to add: Never mind. Found a pic.

I guess Ed has a trademark on the colors red white and black... :lol:

nike-shoe-300x217.jpg

Not the show I saw. The backing vocals from Eddie and Wolfie were good. Wolfie's playing was solid although his stage presence was subdued. Maybe the Michael Anthony thing sucks and maybe even the Sammy Hagar thing sucks but that doesn't take away from the killer show they put on the night I saw them. I'd go again.

yep. 2nd show of the tour was awesome (except for the much reported out-of-tune keys on jump).

lotsa great artists are assholes. ed van halen's a jerk, who cares?

van morrison's bad demeanor is legendary.

yngwie will unleash the fookin' fury.

it still doesn't take away from their art. you don't have to sit thru dinner and drinks with them.

I think it's just a simple case of not liking to see a shitsack "win". Nothing wrong with that. Too bad it has to be him. I used to admire him for his talent and like some of us would have found some self affirmation if he was as cool as his guitar playing used to be. He's really become a pathetic figure. That's what's hard to take. EVH shoes now? I'm not surprised. He's been out of gas for a long time and the endless marketing of shit with his moniker on it (with the exception of fresh ideas expressed musically) and the recycling of his former career are proof of it. I suppose he has to pay the bills somehow though and I would do the same if I were him. I'd like to see the guy get it together but it's just not going to happen. I think he's just going to waste away.

Joe

I think he probably said "I'm still getting 25% of the publishing right?"

Except that he's not. The brothers made him sign away his publishing rights in order to do the last tour with Sam.

IMO, he was a dumbass to do that, but...I ain't him.

If Ed thinks he owns the red, black, and white color scheme he better hire the Monster Cable lawyers to handle this from now on.

Or Gibson's. Because from across a dark, smokey bar, I think it could be confused with the EVH pattern.

Archived