Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Nice new "triple threats" at Wildwood

If I hadn't spent about three hours awake last night worrying about money, I would be sorely tempted by these babies. I don't care if they're expensive for Hamers; they're damned cheap for what you're getting. I love the tops on these.

Edited to add: Does anyone have that link to Music Machine's triple threats? Going through the standard site only shows you one of 'em.

gatc_554003_f.jpg

gatc_554003_sr.jpg

gatc_554003_t.jpg

gatc_554002_f.jpg

gatc_554002_sr.jpg

gatc_554002_t.jpg

Thinner body, pickups, Brazilian board, etc, etc.

Guest pirateflynn

I highly recommend the TT. It is probably the best guitar I have ever played and gives up tons of LP tone.

How is this different from a Studio Custom? Seems like a one piece neck is the sole diffrerence, is there more?

The other posters have spelled out all the differences. I'm a simpleton, so I just like the tops they pick for these and the tobacco burst they do on some of them.

Pirateflynn: What's the neck profile like? Also done to be more LPish?

Guest pirateflynn

Pirateflynn: What's the neck profile like? Also done to be more LPish?

It has a great neck. It is a medium profile that feels somewhat beefy in the upper registers ( I was told by Nathan at Music Machine that it is a '59 proflie). I love it!

Guest pirateflynn
I thought Hamer didn't do dealer exclusives?

no kidding, I know this guitar has pissed off several people who were begging for those ( or some of ) specs not a year ago

Oh......is that what's going on?

I posted my buying a new TT along with pics and didn't get much response at all. I was very surprised, this is one beautiful guitar and for LP cats a step in the right direction. It wasn't THAT expensive, less than I've seen some Custom Order Hamer's go for USED on this board (email me if you'd like to know what I paid).

Anyway, Hamer is going in a new direction with it's Custom Shop/ Designer Gallery and the TT is an attempt to bring in LP lovers who are dissatisfied with Gibson's quality and business practices. It seems like an opportunity to grab a small piece of the Gibson "upper end" market and generate a little more Hamer awareness, in this narrowly focused guitar playing world.

Interestingly, while I have received only positive responses here about my new guitar, I have had many more responses on outside boards........

IMG_1744.JPG

post-2-1121444310_thumb.jpg

I thought Hamer didn't do dealer exclusives?

no kidding, I know this guitar has pissed off several people who were begging for those ( or some of ) specs not a year ago

Joe's thread at the Hamer Museum goes over some of that.

Do you realize you just quoted Joe, of all people?

Anyway, his thread doesn't cover the issue of dealer exclusives at all. He's just talking volume. The word from Hamer was, no more dealer exclusives period.

Archived