Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What do we think?

Eye Guitar  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks like it was designed for Marvel Comics superhero the Daredevil...but he happens to be blind, so what difference do the visuals make (including lack of fret markers)???

The pickguard reminds me of some kind of pseudo sixties design inspired by George Barris.

Hate the pup covers.

Like the body shape and carved top.

No fret markers.

Plenty of frets.

Ebony fretboard? Not bad.

Looks like 24 frets - cool.

Looks like the love child of an SG and a Phantom.

Uninspired excercise in "hip" design - completely void of basic functionality: the placement of the volume pot would make sure I got bruised knuckles every time I play :lol:

Looks like it's buildt by a committee

I say the pick guard should be a graphic. But I like that the fretboard has no markers.

Yay - but I won't buy it (if that makes any sense!)

You forgot a choice - "Who Cares?"

How many SG-types are out there already (by other companies) that blow that thing into the weeds? Gibson needs to cut the horseshit and focus on QC.

I guess I'm a nay. :lol:

Looks like it was designed for Marvel Comics superhero the Daredevil...but he happens to be blind, so what difference do the visuals make (including lack of fret markers)???

Yeah...I was gonna say Daredevil or Spiderman Model....or some nurse in a red & white outfit with thigh high red leather boots :lol:

I say Yea. It may not be my first choice but just about every design finds its market. A guitar can have an interesting look w/o being on my A-list.

I say Yea. It may not be my personal favorite, but just about every design finds its market. A guitar can have an interesting look w/o being on my A-list. This one should find enough buyers for its production run.

Gibson's creative output nowadays isn't something for me. To me it looks like an attempt to design something that captures the spirit of the 60's/70's, designed by someone born in the 80's. There are many Gibson's I like but few models only that I like from their recent catalogue, mainly acoustic guitars or classics like the L-5. My interest in Gibson instruments started with the Explorer 2, RD series, Victory series, ES Artist, XPL series. There were designs that weren't typical for Gibson. But nowadays most of the stuff they do is based on Les Paul and SG models of which I am not a big fan of. What I liked recently is that they brought back some older models like Ripper/Grabber basses or the RD guitar (which wasn't that consequent, but shows that they still remember their past) or all maple instruments (Les Paul Raw Power).

Archived