Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vernon Reid Hamer E=MC2 Custom I want one :P

Hi all

I'm new to the forum.. Im a huge Ibanez fan, and love buying High end Ibanez Guitars.

Cant really get passed Ibanez, but the only other brands I find myself wanting are custom Hamers or Kramers ...

Im really gassing for this guitar

Is this possible or am I kidding myself

What would I need to do to get a guitar like this ?

What model is it and does anyone know if the parts used on this model are the same on a standard Hamer in this shape ??

any help or even comments would be great..

Cheers !!

P1070395.jpg

P1070396.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this possible or am I kidding myself

This one.

Seriously, the closest you could do is to find a Sustainer Chap and get it customized to look right, which would mean a paint job and a new fretboard. Hamer won't even make one of these for Vernon Reid anymore (he does have a swanky Parker sig coming out soon).

-Austin

Austin's right - absolutley no way from Hamer. Either pick up a basket case and strip it all back and start again or get someone to make you one from scratch.

Yep, its a total custom guitar based on alot of pieces of other production Hamers. To my eyes the body looks more like a californian. Not just the scallops but the size and shape. I don't know how well they'd bolt together but I'd think a chaparral neck bolted to a californian body would get close, you'd just have to re-route it for the correct pickup configuration. Hmm, probably better to start from scratch and get a builder the specs for the body and find a chap neck to have new inlays installed on. I seem to remember hamer having one of those Vernon Reid necks sitting around that never got built, or there was a flaw on it or something. Wonder if you could pry it off of them?

Hamer would never sell that neck! It was the original neck off of VR's guitar, and did have a flaw. I believe that somebody here :lol: has a sawed-off headstock from one of Vernon's guitars (complete with his name above the logo) - pretty cool relic.

We've kind of unofficially called his guitars "Chappifornians", since they are sort of a cross between models. My best thought would be to pick up a dot-neck Sustainer Chap model and have an artist like Roy B. or GMW make the conversion and do the inlay (might need a new board, since VR's is ebony) for you. It would be a helluva lot cheaper to do it that way!

Wow! I didn't know about that guitar. It is a geek's axe for sure! :lol:

Sadly, Hamer is no longer building shredders and I don't think they ever will. So yes, the best way to go is getting a Sustainer Chaparral and then doing the custom paint and fretboard job on it.

Paging Mr. Jem. Mr. Jem, please report to the custom order bolt on discussion...

:lol:

Seriously, look at Nocturne Guitars. I can't and won't try to speak for him, but i'm sure he can work up something special for ya'.

If ANYONE besides Vernon Reid gets that guitar....it should be ME!!

Matter of fact, he should give me that guitar, since it has my name on it already :lol:

-mc2

Hamer would never sell that neck! It was the original neck off of VR's guitar, and did have a flaw.

Truss rod snapped under tension and it did it no favours apparently - believe me i tried but it's not for sale.

Paging Mr. Jem. Mr. Jem, please report to the custom order bolt on discussion...

:lol:

Seriously, look at Nocturne Guitars. I can't and won't try to speak for him, but i'm sure he can work up something special for ya'.

F**k me, it'd cost him :lol::):lol:

Trying to replicate that guitar is what got me started in inlay and then on to making my own - just got sort of sidetracked in the interim.

Oh well...

Looks like I will never have one...

Nice to see this forum is paying attention hehehehe...

Can we see some of your Ibanez's? :lol:

+1

Ok

Before the comments arise, yes they are flashy and yes I dont care what anyone thinks, I love the bright colors rather then stained coffee tables :lol:

Here are 3 of my Ibanez guitars.

The red and blue were made buy an artist in the Ibanez factory, as prototypes for Ibanez to show off their guitar making skills in the late 90's low numbered limited editions.. under 20

Red and blue were made as a pair, Hot and Cold (Cool)

they play like butter... and look like an Acid trip (just how I like it ) ;P

Left to right

1) Ibanez J Custom RG-Paint-1 Hand made 17/18

2) Standard RG 550 in DY (Desert Yellow) ((Fluro)) WIth Zebra Dimarzio Evolutions

3) Ibanez J Custom RG-Paint-1 Hand made 19/19

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Very cool! More?

My first less-than-POS guitar was a lawsuit Ibanez LP - WAAAY back when. I've alway had a soft spot in my head heart for 'em. And c'mon - Joe and Steve couldn't be wrong. :lol:

If the RG550 didn't have that damn Wizard neck, I would have one. Those are some very cool looking guitars and I bet they sound amazing.

Waay cool~! That explains it, I've never seen anything like those ones!

How about the ones you're holding on your profile pic? Are they multi-swirl Jems? Can we see 'em?

(second time lucky LOL)

I think someone should start an Ibanez love thread.

To answer a few questions, those guitars in my avatar are the same as the ones I just posted.

Yes I met Vai after a concert in Melbourne Australia, hung around the back with my guitar in hand, and security took me in to the after party. Wasn't expecting that, and met Vai had a chat, and had him sign my Axe... too cool

The 550 has an awesome flat wizard neck, and because I grew up on that guitar I am more then comfortable with it. The 2 J-Customs (red and Blue) have a different type of neck, thicker, and I am starting to like it more then the 550...

Will be purchasing some real rare Ibanez in the near future..

Here is what they look like

J Custom RG Gold-1 Gold 2

Maybe only 6 of these ever made..

Real gold used in paint job :lol:

P1040623_resize.jpg

Archived