Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tele Love

I know we've had a thread like this somewhere before, but I can't find a good solid collection of Tele photolust.

Whatcha' got?

I flirt with Tele purchases but have never pulled the trigger.

Any brand/configuration that turns you on - I just wanna see some photos...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got something coming down the pike in the near future that should burn some retinas...

It's a work in progress.

It has progressed considerably from this stage:

Envycasterinprogress.jpg

I've had a love relationship with teles for about 30 years now. There were a few years that I didn't have one, but those days are over. There are 2 very different tele's in the stable right now.

First is a Revelator '63 relic clone. I realize that there are a couple of people on the board who were wronged by Eric, and are rightfully pi$$ed. But my experience with him has been fine, although he is very very slow. I've owned this guitar as long as any other, and it is my absolute #1, I'd get rid of every other guitar before this one.

DSC03736.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

Next is a recent edition, an ESP Ronnie Wood Custom Shop. This is much more refined than the Revelator, and with the neck HB, it's a bit more versatile. It plays as well as any other guitar I've ever owned. I would prefer the frets to be a touch higher, but I'm getting used to them.

618c_3.jpg

6607_3.jpg

Teles are the "old glove" type of guitar that I always come back to eventually and I always have to have one around. Down to two and a project that I need to finish up, but I love these two:

1999 Fender AVRI 62 Custom Tele converted to Custom Esquire.

100_3737.jpg

1978 Tele Custom

78TeleCustom.jpg

My Robin Rawhide.

Transparent orange with scrape binding on body and f-hole; flamey maple neck with rosewood fingerboard; cream, pearloid pickguard & pickups.

It weighs a mere 6.4 lbs, and is (to coin a phrase) "resonant as hell!"

3406.jpg

3407.jpg

3409.jpg

My Robin Rawhide.

Transparent orange with scrape binding on body and f-hole; flamey maple neck with rosewood fingerboard; cream, pearloid pickguard & pickups.

It weighs a mere 6.4 lbs, and is (to coin a phrase) "resonant as hell!"

Really nice guitar!

Here's a little Esquire build I finished recently. Japanese tele neck, aftermarket body, brass bridge, and a Duncan Quarter Pounder. All black hardware, and even a custom control plate with vol./tone (no switch). This one is all business.

april2009tele.jpg

I liked this one alot.

IMG_2444-1.jpg

This one was really good.

suhr1.jpg

I like this 74 too

IMG_2397-1.jpg

This 72 is pretty good.

IMG_2396.jpg

Nothing like a very well played 66

IMG_0305.jpg

BUT DAMN........A lot of guitars have come and gone but I've never entertained the idea of selling this one. Thanks to Roy and RS.

IMG_3089.jpg

BUT DAMN........A lot of guitars have come and gone but I've never entertained the idea of selling this one. Thanks to Roy and RS.

IMG_3089.jpg

Oh is that the one I think it is?!?!?

Yep

BGB P330

Ya outdid yerself. :lol:

Yep

BGB P330

Ya outdid yerself. :D

Oh man that's such a good guitar :lol:

My modified G&L ASAT Classic Semihollow:

ACiiiSH3.jpg

I managed to wangle a FWFP G&L neck pickup (they normally are RWRP, and weren't sold separately at the time) and had Mike Lull do the routing and wiring. The volume knob is a push/pull, enabling this jangle baby to give me all 7 pickup combinations. It does the Tele thing and it does the Strat PU combos as well, but with Tele jangle and tankiness.

For all that, the middle PU alone is great for OD, and the neck PU alone is great for blues overdriven, or jazz clean.

Archived