Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Studio Appreciation Thread..

i LOVE studios! and i never get tired of showing this one - a KILLER gutiar that i just love to play... in fact, i'd love to come across another one someday, if i could only get lucky enough to do that! (check out page 18 of your catalogs for another cool pic):

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

i also have one of the Redwood LTD models. i can't say enough about this guitar. the pickups are the SLU (slightly less ultimates) and i would NEVER change them out for anything:

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

i love to look at the detail of this guitar up close:

IMG_1566.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

’95 Studio - just something about natural wraptails :rolleyes:

543203-1.jpg

’96 Archtop GT (technically not a Studio until the next year) - when those Fralin underwound P-90s let loose ya' better get outta the way :lol:

645543-1.jpg

’02 Studio - another member of the silver society...all mahogany and just growls :lol:

DSC_0129.jpg

Pic058.jpg

I noticed you guys having some fun in here with your Studios so I had to get mine into the mix. Here's the first Hamer I ever purchased which is either a '95 Studio with an archtop or is it an Archtop Sunburst? I always get it mixed up. It used to be owned by gwayne.

Guitar George

Here's my 96. Best picture I could get with my P.O.S. camera. I really need a new one.

HPIM3945.jpg

A new camera, a new guitar... or both? :rolleyes:

My favorite Hamers! Currently have these 2, but I'm sure more will be coming and going :lol:

100_1888.jpg

100_1842.jpg

-Austin

Love them in Amberburst Austin!

This one's not too bad:

1.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

One of those wild-in-person tops that's hard to capture on "film".

I've got too damned many of the things and I'm actually going to shed 3 or 4, but I must like 'em. My #2 guitar's a studio with WCRs (#1 is a korina Junior), and it is nearly perfect for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

By request of specialk and for Caddie's benefit as well:

the ever elusive tranparent violet 95' Studio wraptail (pimped out in gold Pigtail, straplocks, tuners, and Duncans):

purp_studio_02.jpg

I've owned one Special FM in trans violet (seen 2 or 3 others up for sale over the years), but this is the only studio I've come across in the color. I saw a 1993 purple burst studio (TOM bridge w/ quilt maple top) up for sale 4 or 5 years ago, but never another wraptail Studio. It is listed as a standard finish in the 95' Hamer catalog, so I'm sure there are a few others out there. I have a watchful eye out for any 95' Artist Customs in the color if one should ever pop up for sale (again a standard color option that year, so I'm sure there are a handful out there). Unfortunately it would be likely they'd have faded to either brown or grey by now anyway...the purple really seems to fade over time. ;)

purp_studio_02.jpg

the purple really seems to fade over time. :P

;)

If the t-v FM ever fades, it will be getting the Stike treatment! :P

Your Special FM was refinished by Hamer in 2004 (IIRC), so I have a feeling they corrected whatever problem there was with the pigment in that particular color.

Funny that this should come up. Friday night I was sorting thru the My Pictures on an old computer preparing to move them over to a flash drive when I came across this jpg.

P1010017.jpg

'95 wraptail Tobacco Burst Studio with its big brother '90 Tobacco Burst Cruise Bass 4-string setneck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived