Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Studio Appreciation Thread..

Funny that this should come up. Friday night I was sorting thru the My Pictures on an old computer preparing to move them over to a flash drive when I came across this jpg.

P1010017.jpg

'95 wraptail Tobacco Burst Studio with its big brother '90 Tobacco Burst Cruise Bass 4-string setneck.

Dibs on the bass if you ever decide to sell it! :):D

That's stunning.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Studios are, by far, my favorite Hamer model. Yeah, they're not as glamorous as the Standard, but I just love em.

Tell me about this one!

That's a custom order I did in 04. Basically a "Custom Studio" but all Korina. Two piece, somewhat flamey korina body, with chevron korina cap. Specifically asked for "light" korina, and got both light in color and weight. Since it's also chambered, it is unbelievably lightweight. Custom Studio binding and victory inlays.

Has that korina snap, with a bit of air. A fun, never-will-sell guitar :D

Edited to add progress pics for kicks. Luck would have it that the dealer made a journey to the shop on other business just when they were working on it. Neck and body progress shots:

CS_Korina_0351.jpg

CS_Korina_0352.jpg

CS_Korina_0353.jpg

In the final process, they managed to make the back almost look like one piece. Even matched up the flame. Outstanding.

An ex:

100_9228.jpg

Ooohhh....tell me about that one too....I'm a sucker for mini HBs.

That one is this one.

Studio_Full_rock_web.jpg

I got it from Hamerhead a while back. Has Manlius P90s in it now. Great guitar. I got it with the plan to put P90s in it right away since I didn't own a P90 guitar. So, the minis didn't last long after I got it.

Studio_Full_rock_web.jpg

I got it from Hamerhead a while back. Has Manlius P90s in it now. Great guitar. I got it with the plan to put P90s in it right away since I didn't own a P90 guitar. So, the minis didn't last long after I got it.

I love this one!

• 3 months later...

Thanks! I picked it up about a month ago. The electronics were a bit erratic. There was at least one bad pot. I have an RS kit, and a set of Dimarzio 36th Ann (Black) with balck pickup rings that are going into it.

Archived