Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Monaco Superpro - Broken 3-way toggle switch

QC Smitty

Question

HELP :lol:

My Monaco Superpro sustained an impact to the threeway pickup toggle switch. The switch cover was shattered and the switch was rendered useless (just flops around and is stuck in the neck p'up position). IN addition, I can feel/hear something now rattling around inside the body chamber. I'm pretty concerned here.

Questions:

1) Do I access the body chamber for repair through the neck pup cavity? I have only read posts that mention going in through the bridge p'up cavity.

2) Can the switch be pulled straight out throught the switch hole without having to go through the p'up hole?

3) Is this switch the same as USA made my tech would have (Stewmac, Allparts. etc.) or must I get the part from Hamer?

I would appreciate ANY contribution here.

6 answers to this question

I think you're going to have to go in through the pickup cavity. The switch is wider than the hole in the top.

The part is a standard Switchcraft (I think?) 3-way. You might want to contact Kim Keller at Hamer Customer Service (email contact on Hamer's website) to double check. He may also be able to offer some advice as to repairing the piece.

I would also check the contacts before disconnecting the switch. It may just be that it has been knocked out of whack, and the contacts may just need to be tightened back in place.

Pictures of the damaged area might also help - I think I can visualize what you're talking about, but since I have never owned a Superpro (played my share though), I may be overlooking something.

I think you're going to have to go in through the pickup cavity. The switch is wider than the hole in the top.

The part is a standard Switchcraft (I think?) 3-way. You might want to contact Kim Keller at Hamer Customer Service (email contact on Hamer's website) to double check. He may also be able to offer some advice as to repairing the piece.

I would also check the contacts before disconnecting the switch. It may just be that it has been knocked out of whack, and the contacts may just need to be tightened back in place.

Pictures of the damaged area might also help - I think I can visualize what you're talking about, but since I have never owned a Superpro (played my share though), I may be overlooking something.

Thanks a million. I will contact Kim Keller.

-Michael

Yep. Done. Had to access the 3-way switch location throught the bridge pup hole. Thanks so much for the contributions. Now. time to post pics. :lol:

Archived