Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Best Rock tone Evah!

MTM105

Is he making money? Does anyone know his arrangement with the business end of things? Most of their royalties come from the albums he didn't play on, with songs he didn't write. The Stones didn't make Ron Wood a 'full member,' money-wise, for 17 years.

I guess Viv is just a plain idiot and should walk away from playing in front of 50K live audiences...

Damn fool. What kind of life is that?

He probably wasn't getting the cut he well deserved with Dio. That is probably why he is so disrespectful to Dio. I'm sure he is very well compensated. He is laughing all the way to the bank and can care less what people think he should or should not do. When the Touring is done, or band breaks up, he'll have plenty of options to consider, one would be his bank account.

Viv considers himself to be a success. I do to. 999.99% of guitarists never reach his level. He isn't concerned what pundits think.

Where did you get that I thought he was an idiot? It was a simple question, not a value judgment.

wtf?????? last i checked def leppard is hard rock

So, the last time you checked was around 1982?

exactly how would you classify them???????????????? in my book they are hard rock , pour some sugar is certainly hard rock, are they doing james taylor covers now???????????

wtf?????? last i checked def leppard is hard rock

So, the last time you checked was around 1982?

exactly how would you classify them???????????????? in my book they are hard rock , pour some sugar is certainly hard rock, are they doing james taylor covers now???????????

Didn't they cover "Release Me," by Engelbert Humperdink.

Is he making money? Does anyone know his arrangement with the business end of things? Most of their royalties come from the albums he didn't play on, with songs he didn't write. The Stones didn't make Ron Wood a 'full member,' money-wise, for 17 years.

I guess Viv is just a plain idiot and should walk away from playing in front of 50K live audiences...

Damn fool. What kind of life is that?

He probably wasn't getting the cut he well deserved with Dio. That is probably why he is so disrespectful to Dio. I'm sure he is very well compensated. He is laughing all the way to the bank and can care less what people think he should or should not do. When the Touring is done, or band breaks up, he'll have plenty of options to consider, one would be his bank account.

Viv considers himself to be a success. I do to. 999.99% of guitarists never reach his level. He isn't concerned what pundits think.

Sensitive? I thought it was a good question. He would have to be making decent money, but obviously he isn't getting the royalties from the previous line-up which would be a *huge* amount of money. I would also be interested to know, I'll bet it isn't as much a people think.

Either way, Viv is a great player and if he is doing what he loves and making decent cash...god bless him.

Dio was one of those 25 year overnight sensations. Ritchie Blackmore is known as being hard to get along with for some people. It could be that by the time Ronnie James Dio had his own band and a record deal he had learned some lessons along the way about how to do business.

I'd classify everything they've done since "High N Dry" as pop rock, along the same lines as the Outfield or Mister Mister. Their rock ain't hard, just like their hair metal ain't metal.

Def Leppard is Glam Rock.

When was the last time anyone on this forum felt compelled to purchase one of their new releases??

Dio is Hard Rock.

My guess is the DL has VC on board to put a set of cahones into their line-up.

Def Leppard is Glam Rock.

When was the last time anyone on this forum felt compelled to purchase one of their new releases??

Dio is Hard Rock.

My guess is the DL has VC on board to put a set of cahones into their line-up.

I wouldn't classify them as "Glam Rock" I like Glam rock... (Cooper, Bowie, Dolls, Sweet, even Kiss)

pop rock to me is pink or maroon 5

Maroon 5 but not Pink. Pink would be pop IMHO. Maroon 5 actually reminded me a lot of DL when they first came out. Obviously, early Dl was much harder stuff, but after Pyromania...and with the exception of a few songs...they were clearly a pop rock band. I don't think that is a bad thig, I happen to really like a lot of DL stuff.

Well, I guarantee you that playing hard rock, metal, glam rock, punk, pop rock or pop is more fun than playing gothic --Seriously! Because players in those genres still have blood running through their veins.

Okay, I clicked the link expecting THE Zombies (SLGLY), not actual zombies! :)

Listen to the keyboard lick in the first several seconds - I defy you to convince me that it's not the organ riff from the theme to the Munster's!

Well, I guarantee you that playing hard rock, metal, glam rock, punk, pop rock or pop is more fun than playing gothic --Seriously! Because players in those genres still have blood running through their veins.

Spooky

Creepy

Eerie

too cool....

and

Archived