Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Support doesn't answer!!!!

proxmax

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mailed to

[email protected]

still want to know, how many figured maple calis were made.

The truth there is that they probably don't know - records of stuff were never their strong point and i doubt there's a spread sheet with that sort of information on it that someone could quickly look at.

I work in a customer service position for a company smaller than Hamer. While I'm the only person handling that job in the US, you'd be surprised how many people think they're the only person in the country with a "problem".

Chances are, the people (or person) at Hamer are up to their eyeballs in complaints that range from shipping damage or simple setup questions, to flaws that customers find with a magnifying glass. All of them (paying customers who bought their guitars from the factory) want the issue resolved now. On the other hand, you have a question about a guitar that's been out of production for many years. If they even have that information, it would take that one person several hours to gather it all for you. Meanwhile, real complaints have to wait - and that's not going to happen. I'm sure your request is in a pile with the rest of them:

Why can't I buy a new shredder?

Can I get a reverse inline headstock on a Newport?

Can you tell Glen Tipton to call me?

These guys have to prioritize. Informational requests and the lost truss-rod cover from your 78 Sunburst are not high on the list of doing what it takes to stay in business as a manufacturer. Be nice and check back with them from time to time. Just don't expect them to drop everything to serve only you.

I work in a customer service position for a company smaller than Hamer. While I'm the only person handling that job in the US, you'd be surprised how many people think they're the only person in the country with a "problem".

Chances are, the people (or person) at Hamer are up to their eyeballs in complaints that range from shipping damage or simple setup questions, to flaws that customers find with a magnifying glass. All of them (paying customers who bought their guitars from the factory) want the issue resolved now. On the other hand, you have a question about a guitar that's been out of production for many years. If they even have that information, it would take that one person several hours to gather it all for you.

not even a lame excuse like this came back in years, with different problems.

great guitars - ridiculous poor support (better said, no support)

MAJOR +1........i tried getting some info on parts to buy when I was giving my mirage a facelift for just over a year...............I kept emailing, called a couple times, was promised a response (not by email, only when I called)

and needless to say, never got one. When i've read about thier great customer service on this forum, i nearly threw up i my mouth.......its a joke.

Dont get me wrong, i understand being overwhelmed with issues and prioritization, but come on....hire one more person for crying out loud or just drop a quick email to say you at least received a request and expect a delay in a response, DONT JUST DO NOTHING!!!

I have spent my enire carreer in customer service and that is NOT how you treat a "valued" patron.

I have never had a problem getting a prompt reply, and that also goes for phone calls. There are always a lot of things going on up there, and that's been compounded even more so in the last 18-24 months. You have CS handling Hamer, but also USA-Ovation, and there's also the entire Guild operation in that shop now as well.

I think the OP's requesting the number of flame maple bodied Calis is really pushing it - sorry, but that's not a Customer Service issue. Not at all. The only way to even get close to figuring that out is to have somebody go through the factory serial logs and count every one...that would be great, but I've SEEN the factory logs, and there are entire years in the 80s/90s where there simply is not that kind of detail! Many pages of just serial numbers and model names (sometimes not even model names), and they don't all list things like finish, hardware, body wood, etc. What you are asking somebody in CS to do, is to step away from the desk, dig up the log books and spend hours or days looking that kind of stuff up. Not a fair request, and certainly not something that is worthy of your ire on a public message board.

During that production period (back to your Cali question), Hamer was at peak production, and they simply didn't have the time to record those things in great detail. You want to know how many Virts were made? No problem - they could probably get close. Watsons? Same thing. Flame bodied Calis? No way in hell. When there are 50-200 calls and emails coming in to CS daily, where do you thing that would be on a list of priorities?

Let's be fair here.

Also, Matt - have you tried going through your dealer? That is probably the best way to approach things like parts, etc.

i mailed to

[email protected]

still want to know, how many figured maple calis were made.

I don't see that as a relevant question to Hamer's Custom Shop. They would have to go back through the handwritten logs and look for each Cali made. Some of the entries likely do not even specify what you are asking, so there is no real answer. It's sort of like asking how many of a certain model were made with boomerangs.

I thought I was being a pain years ago when I asked how many 8-strings were made before my #0255. They DID answer that but counting 255 guitars is a LOT easier than THOUSANDS.

I think this forum is a better chance of getting a "guesstimate" answer to your question.

Besides that....Hamer has always answered EVERY one of my emails regarding a specific part, SN#, order or instrument....but I would think that you would get at least a "no way to really tell, sorry" reply or maybe a "stop fkin' emailing us this sh*t" :););)

In this day and age, it's unacceptable to not issue a response of any kind, unless of course the original request was abusive or demeaning in any way, or expressed a sense of entitlement.

That said, the OP's question definitely is not a CS issue.

Once, I had a question about the production date of a 4-digit serial number. After a couple of days I received response that included the production date of the guitar made next after. The exact number was not on file. I was happy with this answer as it solved my problem.

Meaning, they don't have complete files. There is support even for historical production questions. They came up with an answer that was very helpful.

Therefore, I cannot complain.

I would guess 100-200 pcs of the flamed Calis total? I don't see them very often.

I've probably seen close to 100 of them over the last 20 years. Possibly more.

I've spoke to Kim several times and was treated very well every time, never rushed or pushed aside. In fact, I was surprised by the great response. I didn't expect the best guitar builder in the country to take time for just me.

About a week or 2 after I picked up my Superpro from Dave I started getting a crackling sound while plugged in. I called Dave and the next thing I know there was a new input jack in my mail box from Hamer. Customer service couldn't have possibly been any better.

Archived