Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Is it a Gender or a Fibson?

Mindseyes

I love the fact that his sister, who was maybe 8-9 when he died and saw him live maybe 2 or 3 times, is so moved by all this.

Moved by the dollaz, sure.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it appears that these will be in the $500 and under price point. So I take back what I said about Baby Boomers. They'll still sell, but to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band demographic.

hendrix-package-850-100.jpg

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jan...releases-220966

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/blo...-a-strat-220867

Actually, it appears that these will be in the $500 and under price point. So I take back what I said about Baby Boomers. They'll still sell, but to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band demographic.

hendrix-package-850-100.jpg

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jan...releases-220966

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/blo...-a-strat-220867

If it keeps kids interested in playing guitar...I'm ok with it. I'll hold my nose, but so be it.

Sorry if someone already pointed this out....but that's a Firebird headstock!

If its an import beginners pack then I think its not really a big deal.

Fender should just start putting a little sticker on all their Squier strats with a silhouette of a dude with an afro.....

Janie Hendrix says that Experience Hendrix has nothing against Fender, they just have a better relationship with Gibson.

There must be some up front money that is talking. Surely Janie Hendrix knows that if she wanted to do a lower priced Hendrix Strat through Fender it would be possible. They do the lower priced guitars all the time with the Mexican made guitars and Squier line. A long term deal would be easy to work out.

Say it with me.. Gibson Strat.. Fender Les Paul..

What the dead would play if only they were alive..

I think these are different guitars than the ones that were pictured in the Gibson release yesterday. The ones shown above in the "Jimipacks" look like cheap-O bolt on plywood Chinese imports.

Those were nice quality (solid, not ply) ash-bodies that didn't appear to be suited for pickguards (no channel routing - back routed), had set-neck channels, and the headstocks appeared very different too.

guitar-004.jpg

gibsonhendrixback.jpg

Not 100% sure, because the boxes of necks looked suspiciously like imported stuff, but I'd bet the ones we saw yesterday were targeted for higher-end USA models. Check the truss rod access and the carving...these are also 22-fretters instead of 21 fret jobs:

gibsonhendrixneck.jpg

The initial Lifestyle article seemed to infer a "Jimi Hendrix" brand in the making, as illustrated in the beginner pack photo, but I'm with you, the photos from inside the plant look like higher grade WIP materials.

Not 100% sure, because the boxes of necks looked suspiciously like imported stuff, but I'd bet the ones we saw yesterday were targeted for higher-end USA models. Check the truss rod access and the carving...these are also 22-fretters instead of 21 fret jobs:

And a Floyd Rose nut shelf...

I have it on reasonably good authority (from an ex Gibson employee who shall remain nameless) that the ones shown on the blog are indeed American made, higher dollar models...And that there is talk of reissuing the psychedelic V as well as the 3 pickup SG/Les Paul Custom in uber high dollar limited models.

...and that Janie Hendrix didn't like the deal offered by Fender, not enough $$$!

Guest big steve

if i remember correct,didn't washburn put out a hendrix/strat copy with a different headstock shape,in the mid eighties?

i just remember how weird that was when i saw them in the store,hanging on the wall.a hugh poster of hendrix,w/washburn logo(of course you could not see the headstock of the strat he was playing) how bizzare!

who would want one??

Rather ironic that the kings of guitar trademark infringement lawsuits would be rolling this out.

Exactly. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the project if Henry and Co didn't attempt to sink PRS over the singlecut. The hypocrisy!

I love the fact that his sister, who was maybe 8-9 when he died and saw him live maybe 2 or 3 times, is so moved by all this.

Not to mention that Janie is not related to Hendrix by blood.

janie.jpg

Janie Hendrix is a gold digger, along with Jimi's cousin. Hendrix's grave has never been completed, yet they are living like kings off of his legacy. The rights to his songs and everything else should have died with him, or have been put into trust to avoid the family pillaging it for cash.

I think these are different guitars than the ones that were pictured in the Gibson release yesterday. The ones shown above in the "Jimipacks" look like cheap-O bolt on plywood Chinese imports.

Those were nice quality (solid, not ply) ash-bodies that didn't appear to be suited for pickguards (no channel routing - back routed), had set-neck channels, and the headstocks appeared very different too.

guitar-004.jpg

gibsonhendrixback.jpg

gibsonhendrixneck.jpg

The tremolo routing looks suspiciously like the trans-trem routing- no?

Archived