Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Radio station through my amp...

zorrow

This was sooo funny! I was practicing this morning with my Double-D'ed Vector and my new Java Boost pedal (which BTW I got from Rob here --thanks mate!) and suddenly my amp tuned to a radio station in Portuguese or something... It was like "Calypso, calypso!", he, he. Funny as hell! It's the first time in my life this happens to me. Well, I guess I have to work a little more on the shielding of my guitar... or learn to play that kind of stuff. :P

This happened to me once, while tracking guitars in a studio (evidently a guitar cable can act as an antenna under the right conditions) ...whatever it was, it was in Spanish, and sounded fire-n-Brimstonish...so, we ran tape and ended up using it on a track :P

Coulda been worse. Decades ago teh PA ni my church's sanctuary began picking up police calls.

One easily imagine the preacher's sermon being interrupted by the dispatcher; something like "The Lord said unto Moses---Car 22, Car 22..."

I remember playing through a wireless and picking up the stage banter at the titty bar down the block..."Gentlemen, give it up for the lovely and talented Juicy Lucy!"

Yes, those Russians can be a pain in the ass, I had a station all the time on my Vac.

Tried everything, but recently I lost it. I was just getting interested in Russian disco. :P

This happened to me for the first time in a LONG time at a gig we played a month ago. I just put together a new pedal board, which I unveiled at the gig. As soon as I plugged in, fired everything up, and turned up the volume on my guitar, I began broadcasting some AM station out of my amp. The rest of the guys in the band were looking around, like Where is THAT coming from?!? I was like, WTF?!?

Archived