Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You know what would be cool...

BubbaVO

Hamer's totally focused on the task at hand. While I often hear thoughts on bringing back specific designs? I rarely see a change. And rightfully so, they have a very nice line of electrics out now. Also because the simple fact is how well a guitar will sell, and how much interest it evokes is always the priority.

Always been a interest in Hamer bringing back the Tele and Strat designs and also the Cali. But sales is the determining factor I suppose. And also now the fact that Hamer is owned by Fender, I doubt Fender is gonna want to hurt their Strat/Tele sales. Heck they have enough compitition with the US line just with the MIM and CV Squier Series?

I also know that intentions are always good when things like this are bought up. Its like.......Gee if they had this or that...."I would buy it". But the fact is how many others would? Just Sayin

Hamer's totally focused on the task at hand. While I often hear thoughts on bringing back specific designs? I rarely see a change. And rightfully so, they have a very nice line of electrics out now. Also because the simple fact is how well a guitar will sell, and how much interest it evokes is always the priority.

Always been a interest in Hamer bringing back the Tele and Strat designs and also the Cali. But sales is the determining factor I suppose. And also now the fact that Hamer is owned by Fender, I doubt Fender is gonna want to hurt their Strat/Tele sales. Heck they have enough compitition with the US line just with the MIM and CV Squier Series?

I also know that intentions are always good when things like this are bought up. Its like.......Gee if they had this or that...."I would buy it". But the fact is how many others would? Just Sayin

Jol will do what Jol wants to do. His prerogative. But what if he likes the idea? No point in shooting yourself down before trying to take off.

Well one thing is for sure...............Certainly NOTHING WRONG with bringing up the Topic my friend.

Personally I'd like to see them build a set-neck Strat Style electric. But I want to hit Lotto this week also?

Last case, put your idea in a custom order and ask Greg to lead the discussion with Hamer and make the order.

Gee if they had this or that...."I would buy it". But the fact is how many others would? Just Sayin

Forget "others." More often than not the guy with the original idea never ponies up the dough to get it made. That's the main reason why hardly any of this stuff ever comes to fruition.

Obviously it's okay to dream aloud on the forum, but if you're wondering why people's brainchildren rarely get built, it's the lack of up-front money and/or anticipated demand.

Well said. Building one-offs AIN'T CHEAP, but Hamer does an outstanding job when it gets to the point of building. Raising the cash is always the hard part. :huh:

Right now, i have three idears on the drawing board. I think (IMFO) that each one would be a killer guitar, but i need to do my due-diligence to ensure what i'm buying is what i really want, and then need to sell enough stuff off to raise the $$$ to do it. And right now is a bad time to sell. :P

FWIW - My CO process went like this:

1. Get the idea
  2. Research it - try to find similar guitars out there
  3. Talk to my "dealer" (Mr. Greg)
  4. Buy a "rental" to work the final design out
  5. Talk to Mr. Greg some more and nail down the specs
  6. Place the order
  7. Resolve any "No" responses
  8. Re-place the order :P
  9. Freak out about how much money i just spent
  10. Sell a bunch of stuff
  11. Wait
  12. Freak out some more
  13. Wait
  14. Get the order, and pee my pants (just a little) from excitement

The "rental" for me is a key step. For the P90 Artist Korina, i bought a 2000 AK with P90s, and worked out what i wanted on it. Gigged with it enough times to know what i liked and what i didn't. Being able to hold the guitar makes a huge difference in working out what you want visually on the guitar.

Any-who, i ramble.

If you're talking the 82-87 Phantom, no way, but the 1997 Phantom (old Prototype) had a flame maple top and they've made several since discontinuing the model. The latter I can see them doing.

Gee if they had this or that...."I would buy it". But the fact is how many others would? Just Sayin

Forget "others." More often than not the guy with the original idea never ponies up the dough to get it made. That's the main reason why hardly any of this stuff ever comes to fruition.

Obviously it's okay to dream aloud on the forum, but if you're wondering why people's brainchildren rarely get built, it's the lack of up-front money and/or anticipated demand.

Excellent Point

If you're talking the 82-87 Phantom, no way, but the 1997 Phantom (old Prototype) had a flame maple top and they've made several since discontinuing the model. The latter I can see them doing.

I smell an "HFC" Guitar... :P Hurry before I spend my down payment, I want mine in natural.

Archived