Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Rub

BruceM

I had the pleasure of hanging out with MC Chris on Sunday night at last month's installment of The Rub. If you ever get the chance, go see The Rub! These guys are always entertaining, and the jam format provides limitless musical ideas.

As always, the HFC is the best, and I appreciate being able to crash in at your house during my holiday travels. Thanks again!

Oh, and what a surprise to see a new participant in the jam session pull out a Hamer 25th Anniversary guitar. Hopefully Angelo will join us here. You know I steered him in the right direction! B):P

Here's a few pics:

MCChris-Rub2.jpg

Chris overwhelms with Hamer Monaco/Valvetech tone.

MCChris-Rub.jpg

The feedback-drenched final chord of the evening was simply amazing!!

Angelo-Rub.jpg

Angelo and his 25th - it was a pleasure to meet you and listen to your contribution to The Rub.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and what a surprise to see a new participant in the jam session pull out a Hamer 25th Anniversary guitar.

Yeah that was quite the pleasant surprise, both in terms of him making it out and his taste in guitars. Angelo plays in one of the more entertaining cover bands in the Northwest Indiana region. In fact, they're playing tonight at a half-price-margarita hotspot that's known for it's cougarific crowd. I might have to get my birthday drink on there later!

I think I scared him with my Hamer nerdery when I identified his guitar as a 25th anniversary before his case was even half open lol.

The last Rub was made weirder than usual not only by Bruce's appearance but by this positively evil hologram pic that the club has up on the wall behind the stage:

weird.jpg

The faces change as you look at them from different angles. Definitely interesting when you're in an altered state.

Here's a segment from one of the jams we played the night Bruce was in attendance. This one features the guy with the 25th anniversary on lead guitar. I think I played the other guitar on this one, but I honestly can't remember and I don't have the log book with me.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8463878

Cool!

Thanks for listening!

Turns out I am playing rhythm guitar on this one.

Love the idea of spontaneous creativity. Never know which way someone is going to drive the song. Seems like you guys are pretty adept at managing the curves. Seems like a lot of fun.

Love the idea of spontaneous creativity. Never know which way someone is going to drive the song. Seems like you guys are pretty adept at managing the curves. Seems like a lot of fun.

Thanks Bubba. Somehow me manage to keep the trainwrecks to a minimum.

Here's another one from the session Bruce attended. Who says jam bands can't rock hard?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8478348

Nice jamming. It's great to have to some recordings like taking pictures then viewed and listened to many years after.

Both of those rock.

My 2 yr old ran over and started jammin to the first one within 8 seconds...and that was with cartoons already on the tv.

The morphing/life of their own that jams can take on is always cool. It sounded like a great time!

Agreed on the 'snapshot' qualities of recordings. I've still got a few caseettes from a 4 track back in the early 90s where I still don't have a clue how I did what was on there. Always funny when you're saying, "Who in the heck played that? Wait! Holycrap! that was me?!" :D

Thanks for posting those.

Best Wishes

yeah - it's always very interesting and this one kicks. I'd like to hear the end of the final jam of the night. Your feedback-drenched whammy bar massive ending had me ROTFLMAO - it was so typically Muse.

yeah - it's always very interesting and this one kicks. I'd like to hear the end of the final jam of the night. Your feedback-drenched whammy bar massive ending had me ROTFLMAO - it was so typically Muse.

That would be edit 10 on our MySpace page. Link in sig.

• 2 weeks later...

That's one hell of a ryhthm section, must be a blast to play with.

Yeah, those guys are great. So great that each of them is in at least three bands, so the idea of getting them to commit to "real" gigs with the Rub (read: not on Sundays) is unrealistic. Jamming with them once a month will have to do, and at my age, it does!

I should mention that the Soundclick link I posted above captures one of the few times I played live with the Korina Special I used to own. Had it running thru my Peavey Classic 50 at that particular session, so I could keep the gain/volume under control. Makes me wish I'd kept that guitar.

kspec2.jpg

Archived