Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard Appreciation Thread

bubs_42

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

returned back to stock... for some odd darn reason....

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-5.jpg

Without a doubt, the best thread ever.

• 2 weeks later...

The first Standard (#0000) was finished Dec 7, 1974, but didn't have a Hamer logo for a while after that, according to Paul Hamer and Rick N (who ended up with it).

More fodder...

fbombincolor_0074.jpg

fbombincolor_0077.jpg

015_22A.jpg

018_19A.jpg

017_08A.jpg

2003 Silver Sparkle Mahogany

009_16A.jpg

005_20A.jpg

1997 Mexican Sun Yellow Mahogany Standard

I love the Mexican Sun Yellow..that still around?..

I've been infatuated with Hamer Standards since first seeing Tom Wheeler's book..."The Guitar Book", circa 1976, IIRC... On page 113 it shows a Std..with the caption "Paul Hamer's $1,000. Guitar's flame maple top is more dazzling than Gibson's limed Korina body". I drooled over that picture.....

I'm digging the new point and shoot Nikon. Today during the Talladega warmup TV stuff I restrung, tuned, and photoed this nice 2001 Hamer Standard and two other guitars. then I played all three while I sat on the edge of my seat. It was a decent race. I thought I might share these with you all to enjoy on a Sunday evening. While not filling like an all day Smoked Brisket it is as tasty. It has a WCR Darkburst N and WCR Ironman B in it and is just fierce at times.

Neck joint is smooth as silk.

01ham1.jpg

North

01ham2.jpg

South

01ham3.jpg

East

01ham5.jpg

West

01ham4.jpg

This way...

01ham6.jpg

That way...

01ham7.jpg

And over in that corner.....Spot the V.....

01ham8.jpg

Lil Korina Nugget too..

96hams1.jpg

005_20A.jpg

I love the Mexican Sun Yellow..that still around?

Still have the yellow one-I love Standards.

Damn YOU!!!! When did you snag that one? That one kept begging me to buy every time it came up and somehow I keep missing it. There must be a reason...

Yeah, I'm not as stealthy and dangerous as I used to be when it comes to buying every desirable Hamer that comes up for sale, but I still have my moments.

This Standard has balls like church bells, has a slightly larger than usual neck and plays like a dream, but what I like about it most is that it's not like all of the others out there. I had been chasing it for a few years, but it came around to me instead.

I won't say that "I'll never say it," but I predict that I'll have it for a long while.

005_20A.jpg

very nice..are Mahstands less common than their flame topped brethren?

My new favorite Standard.

post-1190-0-97677300-1336352825_thumb.jp

Wasn't that tv yellow Standard from a Guitar Galleria catalog??. very tasty, indeed

Yes, that's the one. The cert says "TV Blonde," but I say toMAYto/toMAHto...

Damn YOU!!!! When did you snag that one? That one kept begging me to buy every time it came up and somehow I keep missing it. There must be a reason...

Yeah, I'm not as stealthy and dangerous as I used to be when it comes to buying every desirable Hamer that comes up for sale, but I still have my moments.

This Standard has balls like church bells, has a slightly larger than usual neck and plays like a dream, but what I like about it most is that it's not like all of the others out there. I had been chasing it for a few years, but it came around to me instead.

I won't say that "I'll never say it," but I predict that I'll have it for a long while.

Congrats, i'm sure its a sweet guitar.

005_20A.jpg

very nice..are Mahstands less common than their flame topped brethren?

Yep, and under rated. They usually bring around and some times under 1k. I LOVE mine more than my 4 digit and it s a great guitar. Between my 77 Sunburst and my 96 Standard its pretty much a tie but they are two flavors as well.

77ham10.jpg

I go overboard sometimes but the light was Good! :blink::unsure:^_^B)

Dimarzio Super Distortion at the bridge?

Archived