Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard Appreciation Thread

bubs_42

Here's a blurry pic of my son from a decade or so ago playing that one...

MCMn0055.jpg

That one is my favorite Standard....wish I had that one because it's the SN# next to my Standard Bass (left) shot in the matching color, likely at the same time I would guess.

post-1235-0-06988700-1373510643_thumb.jp

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon - the current owner has the matching 3 pickup Vee/Vector. Same fingerboard, etc. He got that a few years earlier from a (now closed) used shop in Dupont Circle here in DC.

They may have been ordered by the same person, not sure.

Jon - the current owner has the matching 3 pickup Vee/Vector. Same fingerboard, etc. He got that a few years earlier from a (now closed) used shop in Dupont Circle here in DC.

My records show the same owner for #0055 for close to a decade. Really, can that be right?!?!

So I did some research and show #0029 has had the same owner for almost 15 years.

Damn, time flies when you're having fun!

Hamerica

Believe it or not, Brian!

Just looking at that picture of my son when he was just starting to play guitar as a small fry 9 year old. He's 6'2" and 19 now. Time DEFINITELY has flown by.

Guess we're having a blast!

• 4 weeks later...

This pic belongs in this thread.

attachicon.gif1001156_10151642886292867_431039118_n.jpg

That Pic belongs on a Club T-Shirt.....

I'd buy that.

Wonder if we can get her to do an HFC shirt?

When first read this I thought it said "I'll tap that" Can't remember whose avatar that is but it is memorable.

• 2 months later...

Number 0316.

Recently acquired from Harald, a consolation prize, as he would not let me pry 0030 from his hands....

I did make him promise to give me first dibs though..............

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

This pic gets the colour better.

IMG_2589.jpg

The not so good bits.

Lots of wear & tear/battle scarring, looks like someone used a scotchbrite pad to clean it at some point, refin on the neck, tonepro bridge and T/P, Grovers replacing the original Schallers.

The good bits.

It plays like a dream and sounds fabulous even with the original P/Us replaced by a pair of Dimarzio super distortions and all the not so good bits means it's not likely to remain in the case for long plus being in the EU there was no import duty to pay.

The deal with Harald was very smooth, seems a cool geezer.

Archived