Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard Appreciation Thread

bubs_42

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So since I learned how to post pix - this is overdue.

2003 Standard Custom in Indigo. Inlaid logo, abalone (good quality MOTS?) side markers, amber knobs, pearloid tuners, poker chip - beautiful and absolutely spotless. Picked it up 2 years ago from a fellow HFCer, and it's belonged to at least one other HFC brother. Seth Lover p'ups, light weight and sounds great! Sorry about the bad pics - I'll replace them when I get some better shots

2003Standard002_zpsa9351f6a.jpg2003Standard003_zpsdfa3593b.jpg2003Standard006_zpsaf57c79c.jpg

Here's my 2, my '95 Custom and '04 Korina:attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dobieboy - does your '95 Standard have any custom cavity covers? Just wondering if it was my old one.

Here's my 2, my '95 Custom and '04 Korina:attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dobieboy - does your '95 Standard have any custom cavity covers? Just wondering if it was my old one.
Yes, it does..it has the tone to the bone cover and the other has Rick's signature. I bought it from Chuck M here in NJ

I THOUGHT that was my old one! I bought it from Dave's Guitar Shop as soon as those were released in '95. If you ever decide to move it along, let me know... ;)

Coming soon...

0703_zpsef8aaba9.jpg

Update???

In Stike's talented hands...

Hey primaltone, nice looking Standard!

Rumor going around town sez that they sound much better with strings and a tailpiece, though.

YMMV :ph34r:

No kidding. The first time I heard one of these cranked that had strings and a tailpiece, it scared the crap out of me. Before that, I never could reconcile the nonsense of swapping pickups, as it just didn't seem to make a difference on mine. ;)

I ordered a Tobacco Sunburst Standard like primaltone's... and waited almost two years... lots of phone calls to the store and to the Canadian distributor... I finally called Kim at Hamer and he said they had no outstanding orders to Canada... the order got lost somewhere and I was kept waiting.... not a happy memory.

That's a beaut primaltone!

Archived