Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard Appreciation Thread

bubs_42

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this '99 Standard last fall with extensive Google searches. It's very minty and quite difficult to capture in photos. I like to think of it as my Ultimate Shishkov (I'm sure Mike at least walked by it in the shop).

C85A9227_zpsjnwqpbwf.jpg

Love it. I rather have that one, the real deal, than a Shishkov. If I could have only one Standard.

But just as well as in some countries one can have many wifes, one can have many Standards - so there should be room for both some awesome Hamer Standards and a Shishkov.

The dark side of the force...

vader.gifvader.gifvader.gif

hsb2.jpg

Glad to see those two from Casa de MC2 reunited!!

They look killer together......although I never had a wagon wheel. :)

i'm surprised no one caught that there are NO INLAYS on the Standard.

That Kahler on the B4S Is factory original....although I could never figure out what the hole in the tail of the bass body is for??? Maybe chromium will have more luck in figuring it out. I asked Jol and he didn't recall either.

NICE SHOT !!

Just consider this a small annex in the Southwest. Always willing to harbor runaway Hamer basses, especially 4# versions of these with maho necks :lol: Besides, the castaway pile of EMGs is getting cumbersome

That hole in the B4S baffles me too. I can only assume... bass trepanation! :blink:

It's nicely executed, though, as far as superfluous holes go

1207142332.jpg

Maybe there was an earlier Kahler version on the bass that needed the hole to be adjusted?

But now it is just a leftover, obsolete mystery.

......Sort of like a human appendix or tail bone.

Or it had a B-bender on it. :)

Actually, I did notice that - I paid for that bass about 15 years ago, but somebody spooked the LA-based seller about shipping it, and he didn't complete the transaction and returned my $$. Pissed me off royally, but glad that it's in a good home now until Chromium feels like selling it to me. :D

Actually, I did notice that - I paid for that bass about 15 years ago, but somebody spooked the LA-based seller about shipping it, and he didn't complete the transaction and returned my $$. Pissed me off royally, but glad that it's in a good home now until Chromium feels like selling it to me. :D

Definitely NOT me. I suspect it was Tony Babylon, he had something going on with the seller, trying to do one of his third party sales, just before I got it.

Yep - I knew it wasn't you Jon!

• 8 months later...

Its been a while for this thread. And there are still some new in the list.

4b61c0109704d850d7b174547c1e9586_zpsqawp

That is one of the coolest, most classic Standards.  I'd go for a 3 ply white guard, myself, but that looks fantastic!

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

That is one of the coolest, most classic Standards.  I'd go for a 3 ply white guard, myself, but that looks fantastic!

Are you thinking wt.bl.wt? It didn't come to my mind really. So I have checked pics on the net. Which show it indeed looks nice.

A shell style guard might add some nice tension to it optically. Brown and white both would be classics.

I do miss that '94 Standard 8 String, Jon...of course, it's impossible to play on a small/medium stage without taking out cymbals or mic stands!

Killer bass though...

Yeah, that is one of those that found me after I missed out on it when you first let it go.

Actually, all three of these 8-string Standards I missed the first time but they eventually found me.

Definitely not for small stages 😀

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Crwth145 said:

Now that's an awesome pair!   ^^

Simply that! ^^^

Archived