Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard Appreciation Thread

bubs_42

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, BruceM said:

From one the recent 4-3-2-1 parties: two standards and an ultimate. Talk about your dots, no binding.

Life is good!

BillScottEricStandardShiskov.jpg

ChrisBruceEricPointy.jpg

Sure, I couldn't make this one....

For someone whos "not a standard" guy, Bruce has had some amazing ones.  The orange sparkle still drool worthy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best threaad ever! B)

Just reminds of capturing what's on the stands right now.

36EFEC78-F5B6-4433-8E20-5AA234224A95_zps

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

If only the association had lasted. 

357221IronMaiden198111.jpg

Damn right. My question remains: What the hell ever happened to that Standard?

I've begun to think that, since it appears that he played it while Maiden was touring Japan but not afterwards (photographic evidence seems non-existent post-Japan), perhaps he sold it during that leg of the tour and brought back the famous red Ibanez instead. If so, I say "blasphemy"!!!

13 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

If only the association had lasted. 

357221IronMaiden198111.jpg

Cool!  I used to stare at this one on the back of Iron Maiden Killers back in the day...  very few shots of this one       

I saw them right after Killers came out (the first leg of the US tour)  he only used his Gold top that night....

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Tommyd said:

Here my 2006, love this guitar.  Looks even better in person.

Displaying IMG_0517.JPG
Displaying IMG_0519.JPG

Can't see the pics. 

On 22/02/2017 at 8:32 PM, Biz Prof said:

Damn right. My question remains: What the hell ever happened to that Standard?

I've begun to think that, since it appears that he played it while Maiden was touring Japan but not afterwards (photographic evidence seems non-existent post-Japan), perhaps he sold it during that leg of the tour and brought back the famous red Ibanez instead. If so, I say "blasphemy"!!!

I'll ask him in May.  A friend of mine who does work with them is taking me as a VIP.  I'll show them pictures of my Shishkov too!

36 minutes ago, DBraz said:

I'll ask him in May.  A friend of mine who does work with them is taking me as a VIP.  I'll show them pictures of my Shishkov too!

That truss rod cover should be featured!

• 9 months later...

For decades I thought Explorer bodies were ridiculous in every way. Then I grabbed a ‘96 dot Standard from a gent on this forum and immediately realized what an idiot I was. I love the neck position, balance, tone...everything. And at 52, I don’t give a frak what anyone thinks of how I look playing it.

I ordered a dot neck Standard in 1979 that arrived in 1980 serial number 425. Sold it in '82 when I got married. Idiot.

Then I bought a beautiful flamey specimen from DavidE here in 2007 that I held onto for a couple of years and moved along. So, although I have lots of Hamers today, no pointy ones.

Standard 425_zpsigbcfdm9.jpg

Flame01.jpg

FFest.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived