Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mesa Boogie studio 22 plus w/equalizer

:P

glad that you like the Koch that well :)

Actually I think the tone on the Boogie is (slightly) better ... But the Koch is so versatile with the 50w/100w switch and all the other goodies, I can get by rather well with that one amp. I really want to try it with EL34's.

I'm not destined to be an amp collector nor do I have the dosh. :P So the Boogie has to go

Thanks Andy!

(Sounds just fine at low volume ... Old Mr Koch must know what hes doin') :P

Those are REALLY great amps. I've had mine since the '80s.

Loud little F'ers!!!

(If I had the spare change now I'd take that one off of your hands in a heartbeat)

I had the 50 Cal and sold it. It sounded sterile to me. My Vibro Champ sounded better. I wish I bought the 22 at the time, tough.

I was going to ask if you had the master volume pedal. So many of these get sold without the switch.

How does the EQ switch work?

This is a great amp, used to be mine. Does the regular Boogie singing/sustaining gain thing that they are famous for But what REALLY knocked me out was the clean and slightly cookin' tones you can get from this amp. Very rich and thick, and I think the Imbuya (sp?) cabinet adds some snap and presence to the warmth to build a nice mix. The way the 3way EQ switch works, eq always on/eq always off/eq footswitchable. Easy to use the eq as a solo boost with the f/s. I should also mention this amp is LOUD, and nice lookin in the living room...

Thanks guys :)

close up of controls

P1010001_2aa.jpg

I had the 50 Cal and sold it. It sounded sterile to me. My Vibro Champ sounded better. I wish I bought the 22 at the time, tough.

I was going to ask if you had the master volume pedal. So many of these get sold without the switch.

How does the EQ switch work?

Check out RacerX reply for the technical explanation :P

close up of foot switches

P1010006-6.jpg

about Imbuya wood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocotea_porosa

Thanks!

Pardon the interruption, but now that this has been sold I have a quick question.

Can someone enlighten me on the major differences between the studio 22 and the mark series? I dont know what was out for mark series when this was made? 2?3?4?

I have been lusting after a mark for a while and go back and forth between the coveted older 2c+ or getting the all the new tech and features in the V??? Now that I see a studio in wood, I am curious. Beautiful amp, I am sure it sounds as good as it looks!

Thoughts please.

Thanks

Archived