Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tech 21 Boost D.L.A.

Ethan

I know there are a lot of Tech 21 fans here, does anyone have one of these? I am kicking around the idea of replacing my old Boss DD5 delay pedal, and I've been looking at TC's Nova Repeater but then I saw this guy and wondered how it was.

They work "excellent" Damn Bro I wish I knew you were interested in one. I could have grabbed you a MINT used piece for $75.

Check the New-Haven Craigslist. It was on their. Fellow was from Milford CT with one.

They work very nicely though. I have a Visual Sound among a couple others. So I passed on the Tech 21. But they are decent especially if you could grab one for like $75. bucks.

Jisham I have a few friends that have those and have teched for guys that use them too, and they sound awesome, but I have to have a tap tempo control on there, especially with this Coldplay tribute band I'm in. I think I might just roll the dice and get one of these when I have some spare $ to see how it works out...

I've got one on my pedal board, got it from an HFC-er too...... :) It sounds great and seems well put together, like all the Tech 21 stuff I've come across.

There IS one thing that bugs me though.

The knob placement is too close to the actual footswitch soooo......I go into a lead, take a stab at the switch on the mostly dark stage for the volume boost & spacey delay.....and my toe hits the boost level knob & turns it down :ph34r: ....or up ;) OOOPS, It's only happened 5 or 6 times and only a little nudge...but that's enuff to make me think of getting something else. I probably will just pull the 2 lower knobs off cuz it does sound very good and it's much easier to have one pedal that does 2 things with one tap.....I tap dance enuff as it is :)

• 2 months later...

So I finally got one of these and I really dig it. Wasn't sure what to think of it at first cuz it's so different than a DD5, but after messing with it for a few days it has a really nice sound and is dead simple to use. The analog type delay sound makes for a bigger overall tone, rather than your normal tone with delay on it, if that makes any sense....it becomes a part of the whole picture rather than something on top of it. That's my zen observation for the day.

Glad you finally grabbed one and like it. The DD-5's are nice too. What are you using both?

I wouldn't get rid of the DD-5, but that my opinion. Big difference with the Digital and Analog. Thats why I have a couple. And why I hung onto the Visual Sound H2O which is really more of an echo than a Delay. But just so sweet sounding. But ya the Digital is a different ballgame. I like the DD-5's though.

I played one of the new Hand Wired Delay/Loopers yesterday also. That I didn't care for. And anyone looking for a Looper should stay clear of it. I didn't fool with the rest of the pedals but the whole Hand-Wired line was out.

I want a Digitech Looper but not the big unit, the pedal size unit. have to have it.

My favorite looper so far is the one in the Akai Headrush...dead simple to use and that sounds great as a delay pedal too. I'll hang on to the DD5 just because I've had it so long, but I was looking for a different sound...I play guitar in a Coldplay tribute band so I use a lot of delay for that.

Archived