Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Hamer Guitar Day

Just got a gently used Hamer Monaco III a couple of days ago as part of a trade. I'd never ever played a Hamer before and decided to go for it after reading all the rave reviews about it. I have to say I agree. The build quality on it is top notch for sure. I'm guessing all of you are familiar with it so I won't bore you with the details. How about I use photos instead. I'm very pleased to be the newest member of the Hamer Club!

784898832_cPoA2-XL-1.jpg

784897370_T4ZsX-XL-1.jpg

784897522_yqwPG-XL-1.jpg

784896994_os5w8-XL-1.jpg

784899153_Ab3Jb-XL-1.jpg

You can get a M3 anytime. Just place an order for it.

What forum was that, out of curiousity?

That was over at Birds and Moons. Didn't make sense to me though. They may not be flooding the used market, but I see plenty of them for sale as new.

Hmmm. I'm over there all the time - guess I missed that one! :D

Let's see:

1. Has a KILLER Hamer
  2. Is able to post pics in your first without asking how
  3. Pics are good

I think you'll fit in... :D

Welcome!

Thanks!!!!! Now if I could just learn how to hold a pick the right way. :D I've held it wrong for almost 40 years, I've tried to do it the way your diagram shows but I just can't seem to keep that middle finger off the pick. Some bad habits never die.

Let's see:

1. Has a KILLER Hamer
  2. Is able to post pics in your first without asking how
  3. Pics are good

I think you'll fit in... :D

Welcome!

+ 1

Welcome !

Welcome!

Thanks!!!!! Now if I could just learn how to hold a pick the right way. :D I've held it wrong for almost 40 years, I've tried to do it the way your diagram shows but I just can't seem to keep that middle finger off the pick. Some bad habits never die.

:D

I'm sure i don't hold the pick "right", either. The rule has always been, if it sounds good, it is good.

That picture is from page one of every Mel Bay guitar method book i've seen. Mel brought guitar playing to so many people - me included - that i owe a great debt to him. The first song i learned was Etude no 1 (i think that's what it was called) from one of his method books.

That being said, every time i see the picture or hear the phrase, "This is the pick", i chuckle.

RIP Mel.

Welcome!

:D

I'm sure i don't hold the pick "right", either. The rule has always been, if it sounds good, it is good.

That picture is from page one of every Mel Bay guitar method book i've seen. Mel brought guitar playing to so many people - me included - that i owe a great debt to him. The first song i learned was Etude no 1 (i think that's what it was called) from one of his method books.

That being said, every time i see the picture or hear the phrase, "This is the pick", i chuckle.

RIP Mel.

I started with Mel Bay when I was 7. I believe I still have all the books somewhere or another. Those were the days!!!! Thanks for sending me a reminder. :D

Welcome, Ya if the don't have the Pick right by now? thats gonna be a little difficult to do.

Anyway the Monaco IIIs are the Bomb. And of the finishs I have seen, I like the RED the best.

So what are ya playing for music with the Monaco?

Welcome aboard and congrats on a killer first Hamer score! I love the M3s.

Also-mucho kudos on posting a pic in your first thread (without bitching that it's impossible to post a pic on this board!!!!).

Welcome, Ya if the don't have the Pick right by now? thats gonna be a little difficult to do.

Anyway the Monaco IIIs are the Bomb. And of the finishs I have seen, I like the RED the best.

So what are ya playing for music with the Monaco?

Blues, Classic Rock and a little bit of Jazz. My favorite is the blues for sure. What's funny is that I took lessons for years as a kid for jazz and classical and never once a blues lesson. I still have a LOT to learn though. Need to learn more scales for sure. I made a separate post with a link to a video, but I suppose I should have just put it here. Anyway, here's what I'm doing with the Monaco at the moment:

Hah, I pick with my middle finger too - must have felt natural to do it that way. Joe Perry approves your NGD. :D

perry.png

Thanks for the pic! I'd read earlier today that Joe has been known to strum an M3, but when I searched for a photo I couldn't find one anywhere. I was starting to wonder if it was just a fable or not.

Archived