Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Studio custom with a wrap tail?

Mindseyes

I've seen the humbucker Studios with a Compensated Bridge. I don't know that I've seen a order with a Studio Custom done that way?

It would have to be a Custom Order no?

I always felt these bridges caught a seriously unfair bad-rap. On a Studio I think they are the Bomb.

I know this bridge is very clean looking but wouldnt it be better to use a wraptail that has individual string adjustments so that it can be intonated correctly? Or does eveyone just find them too busy and I am missing the looks over functionality on this piece?

I know this bridge is very clean looking but wouldnt it be better to use a wraptail that has individual string adjustments so that it can be intonated correctly? Or does eveyone just find them too busy and I am missing the looks over functionality on this piece?

Nevermind....Burningyen beat me to it. : (

That's far more elegant than other solutions I've seen. But I saw this as well:

NOTE: Intended to replace tailpieces with OFFSET stud inserts (i.e., '61 and earlier Gibson and reiusses with offset stud inserts).

Are they compatible with mid-90s Studios?

No idea. Someone here needs to be the guinea pig!

I volunteer!

I Just ordered two stoptails and a "Tone-Lock" stud set. If my experience with these things is consistant, I should be threatening a lawsuit for non-delivery in about 45 days!

I'll post when (and if) the parts arrive.

I Just ordered two stoptails and a "Tone-Lock" stud set. If my experience with these things is consistant, I should be threatening a lawsuit for non-delivery in about 45 days!

I'll post when (and if) the parts arrive.

Glutton for punishment, ain't ya?

I opted to install an intonatable TonePros wraparound on my Studio, mainly for The Look™ (the non-intonatable thing is more appropriate for a Junior type guitar IMO).

Only issue with it is it has a very high profile; I have it screwed all the way down to the body, and the action is just right for me, but might be too high for most folks:

Studio.jpg

Hey McChris... now thats what I am talking about!

Great comment on the height factor, I had not thought about it, but especially with it positioned so far forward that makes it even more of an issue.

Are there any other brands that have a lower profile? Or i guess if it was a factory order there could be routing to provide clearance... well now we are getting away from the clean look of it all??? I dont know.

Archived