Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Emerald Flamed Maple Cali Elite

...and to think I had and sold TWO blue trans flamebody Calis-one with reverse HS and bound fingerboard (AND a Cali Custom set neck)... I haven't seen another blue one since!

Gentlemen (and ladies)...START YOUR ENGINES!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamer-Californian-Elit...=item45f1601245

It's been stated already but I doubt anyone's engine is even gonna have starter key brought out given that price. Sheesh! If he drops it a by about 500- 600 clams I'll throw my hat in the ring!

Well in the previous thread about this guitar (when it was for sale on CL) it was stated that someone had offered him $2,000 for the guitar (or told him it was worth that much, can't remember which), so he probably figures his opening price is in the ballpark. Personally I think it's too high a price especially given the economic climate, but I think there are still enough 'Californatics' out there willing to pay big money for a Californian with boomerang inlays and a maple body that it may sell (perhaps as was already stated an outside offer to end the auction early or even a bid or two).

It's been stated already but I doubt anyone's engine is even gonna have starter key brought out given that price. Sheesh! If he drops it a by about 500- 600 clams I'll throw my hat in the ring!

Good luck finding a flame Cali for $1,400 anywhere...

:D

Good luck finding a flame Cali for $1,400 anywhere...

:wacko:

Already got one. Just not as flamed as the Emerald one :D

I reached out to this guy. There is a ding by the cord imput. $1400 is about right for this guitar. I told this guy to come here to get a feel for it's worth (an honest opinion). I will give him $1400 for it. . . .

***UPDATE***

He lowered it to $1750 opening bid

My thought is that if the opening bid is $1,750, there will be few bidders and it may not even get a nibble.

If the opening bid was a non-reserve low price, it would probably go well over the current opener.

I actually think $1,400 is low for one of these. I know they aren't selling for $2,500 like they were a year or two ago, but as always, the market will set the price - at least the price this month.

My thought is that if he was originally asking $600 for it before when it was on CL, then why not start it at $600 on ebay and let the bidding war begin? As for coming here to get an idea of the guitar's worth, I think we'd be all over the map (some of us who don't have a burning desire for a flame maple Cali might say under $1,500 while others who absolutely crave these guitars might say over $2,000). As for myself I think his lower price is getting closer to being in the ballpark, maybe still $100 - $200 too high but not unreasonable given the Cali's collector appeal. As stated earlier the market will set the price of the guitar (for this month).

i think the main problem is the seller's zero feedback.

Bingo!

-Austin

100% Right there with ya.

Archived