Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Hamers

Had all of my guitars at home at the same time for spring cleaning, thought I'd share my family of happy Hamers.

2004 Studio Custom with Lollar Imperials and TonePros bridge and stop tail. Purchased from Juniors Music in Clinton, CT. Man I miss Juniors! (store burned down "mysteriously")

2007 Talladega with Fralin P92 in neck.

1993 Special with Fralin P90's and TonePros bridge/tail piece.

Hamer_Family_2010.jpg

There have been a number of Hamers stocked with Fralins in the last few years, including the ones in Jon Herington's Talladega Pro. I've put up a video of Jon showing off his Fralin equipped guitar here for those of you who haven't seen it.

How do the Fralins compare to the stock SD pickups that were in the 1993 special? I'm a fellow '93 special owner, and am understandably curious. Also, have you tried out the p-90's made by Jason Lollar, another pickup maker?

I don't know about the Duncan P90's, because by the time I got the special it had Rio Grande's in it.

They were okay, but I wanted something a bit less over the top. The Rio's were too hot for what I was looking for. The Fralin neck is slightly under-wound so it stays clear.

I did have to finagle the installation because the pickup routs were too deep for the screws that came with the pickups. I called Lindy Fralin and he suggested taking a piece of a paint stirring stick (like you get a the paint store) and placing that in the pickup rout to build it up a bit.

Worked like a charm. The problem was the pickups were sitting too low in the body.

I'm sure Lollars sound great, I have some of Jason's Strat pickups and the humbuckers in my Studio Custom are his.

I looked through your albums (Armitage) and saw a Dean that reminded me of one I had back in the '80's.

I think this was called a Mini Z (or Z Mini?). Had a Kahler on it.

Cool guitar which I wish I still had. Also wish I still had the Marshall!

Dean_Z_with_Marshall_1985.jpg

I looked through your albums (Armitage) and saw a Dean that reminded me of one I had back in the '80's.

I think this was called a Mini Z (or Z Mini?). Had a Kahler on it.

Cool guitar which I wish I still had. Also wish I still had the Marshall!

Dean_Z_with_Marshall_1985.jpg

Baby Z

This thread has inspired me to actually take some pictures. Two members of the class of '93: Studio in 59 burst, and Special p-90 in Candy Apple red, a special dealer-only color

hamers.jpg

ahhh.. the good old class of 1993 hamers. I have noticed that the neck carve on my p90 special is a noticeably thinner/flatter than the carve on the Studio. I almost picked up a red FM special from 1993, but didn't. Of course, then I picked up the 59 burst Studio for less than what the FM special was going for, in the best color ever.

Hamer needs to bring back the p-90 special in electric blue and CAR.

Love that blue Hamer.

Is that Tele Fiesta Red?

No its CAR.The flash made it look fiesta. tteellee.jpg

Lovely color! Is that a reissue? FSR?

Here is my Dakota Red 2005 FSR (Fender Special Run) Tele Custom '67 Reissue with 9.5" radius, Callaham bridge/saddles, and Fralin pickups.

67_Tele_FSR.jpg

Lovely color! Is that a reissue? FSR?

Here is my Dakota Red 2005 FSR (Fender Special Run) Tele Custom '67 Reissue with 9.5" radius, Callaham bridge/saddles, and Fralin pickups.

67_Tele_FSR.jpg

You have good taste .

Its a MIJ my wife boght for my birthday last year.The pups are Bare Knuckles yardbirds.

Archived