Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Student with crushed guitar...

Hi Guys-

I have an excellent student who had a bully smash his guitar at school. Yep. A semi-hollow 335 copy - Literally smashed the neck off and totalled it with malicious intent.

This is a really good (not wealthy) kid and he's going to be scorching in a few years - if I can find I'll post pics of him playing a song with my band on Halloween - he was dressed as Ace Frehley. *sniffle*

Long story short, it looks like he'll be getting some money from the bully's parents and he's looking to upgrade (using his confirmation money) into a Hamer Mahogany Artist HB, and he's looking to spend about $600.

Can anybody help me out?

:huh:

Geoff

Edited to add: We've gotten many gracious offers to help defray the cost of a Hamer for my guy Paulie, and HFC member straightblues is organizing the contributions.

Here's a video of Paulie singing and playing "Hotel California" with the guitar that got murdered, filmed just a few days before:

The HFC freakin' RULES!

I REALLY appreciate the support fellas... he does too.

For the moment, I'll hold off collecting toward the cause and focus on finding the guitar for him, though a few extra bucks might make the sale easier for the seller, shipping etc. - I'll keep everybody posted.

Anybody got a 25th anniversary? Vanguard? Artist?

Geoff

I REALLY appreciate the support fellas... he does too.

For the moment, I'll hold off collecting toward the cause and focus on finding the guitar for him, though a few extra bucks might make the sale easier for the seller, shipping etc. - I'll keep everybody posted.

Anybody got a 25th anniversary? Vanguard? Artist?

:D

Geoff

Find him a new guitar...then let us know what he needs to make it his :huh:

I have a black mahagony Artist. It is clean. It has Gibson pickups in it. It has an orginal case. It would would be great. I posted it recently for over $700 but I will let it go to him for $500 plus shipping. I will get you some pictures tomorrow.

I have a black mahagony Artist. It is clean. It has Gibson pickups in it. It has an orginal case. It would would be great. I posted it recently for over $700 but I will let it go to him for $500 plus shipping. I will get you some pictures tomorrow.

Steve - that is a killer deal! That's very cool.

I'm in if the kid needs help. Keep us posted.

This offer got the blues straight!

Here are some very quick pictures of the guitar. It is in very good shape. There is one little minor ding by the knobs but not through the surface. It has a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and a Gibson Neck pickup.

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

+1

As a public school teacher and the faculty advisor for the guitar club, I wanna help. Count me in!

Sorry for the bad pics. I did them all in about 10 minutes. I will get better ones later if you want. Let me know if you think it is the right guitar for him. If it isn't I will contribute towards another guitar.

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

This is the guitar I bought from you. It plays really well and sounds good.

What kid wouldn't LOVE a bad-assed black guitar?

Let me know if you're taking contributions as well.

This is the guitar I bought from you. It plays really well and sounds good.

Then that's a killer guitar as well. I'LL TAKE IT!!! :huh:

And Steve takes care of his stuff - so Geoff, make sure this kid grabs it (and doesn't take it to school)!!!

Hey Fellas-

SO many thanks for the support. Paulie and his father came to my jam last night and said that they were, in fact, truly touched by all the support you guys have offered.

It looks like it will take a little while to get the offending party to cough up the dough. If you wish to contribute to help defray the cost of this beautiful Hamer guitar to a very deserving kid, straightblues will be posting his paypal acct info.

Geoff

Ok guys, let's make this happen for this kid. I am selling him the $700 guitar for $500 plus shipping. Anything you want to contribute will help lower his cost. If we collect extra, we can send some to Geoff for more lessons for the kid. You can make a contribution by sending me money through Paypal. Send the money as personal/gift and then Paypal won't charge any fees. We made it guys, no more donations for this one needed. You guys are awesome.

Let the generosity begin! I am not sure how I got involved in this thing, but it feels good to help a kid in need. :huh:

Geoff, did you find those videos of him playing yet?

Archived