Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rare Bird Thread

I thought it would be cool to have a thread exclusively for pics of rare Hamers. I'm thinking custom orders, low production numbers, NAMM guitars etc. I'll add a pic or two of my own very soon. What have you got?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, that would be almost all my Hamers :blink:

2006 Custom Order:

100_1888.jpg

Most recent ("last" sounds too final) Hamer Open House giveaway guitar

100_1982.jpg

1994 Studio Custom. Only one I've seen with full binding and an ebony fretboard.

100_1842.jpg

1991 Centaura. Only one I've seen with a solid flame maple body.

100_2451.jpg

Others have come and gone. As will these I'm sure! :blink:

-Austin

1980 Lucille Prototype given to BB King, who gave it to Elvin Bishop who sold it to a friend of mine who sold it to me. Got it signed a few years ago!

Lucille2.jpg

Lucille1.jpg

1995 Prototype "Flying Finn" hand made in Tampere Finland, best Strat I have ever heard, and that's saying something!

Weird005.jpg

Weird006.jpg

Not sure if my Chap' belongs here, with its bevelled cutaways and dot/boomerang board...

Whoever worked on it before I got it drove a honking wood screw into the bridge, instead of a proper hex machine screw, bored out the plate and split the saddle. There's an Ibanez saddle in there until I can do something about it.

I think I may start a Used Hamer Rescue...

008_5A_2.jpg

Wow Some nice looking Hamers in here. Looking at the Korina Vector Greg posted, I was thinking that reverse victory inlays would be really cool on that. That way the V's would all be going in the same direction. Would Hamer do that as a custom option?

Archived