Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You decide on the spec, I'll order the run

To me a Jr is all about one P-90 and a stop tail or a wrap tail, but a sustain block would give it more uh...sustain! laugh.gif

OH YEAH!!

HamerheadJr.jpg

take this guitar.. change the color (or not).. run of 20 @ $1500-1750 street.. feasible?

me, my only reservation with a special or vector jr, is that at the end of the day it ain' nuthn but a straight up gibson copy.

this one ain't:

008_17A-1.jpg

If we're just daydreaming, cool.

OTOH, if we're being serious: I doubt anyone is more Pro-Prototype than me, but the reality of the situation is that Hamer hasn't been tooled up to produce the Prototype for years. That leads to the following equation:

(Prototype Tooling) / 20 units = $∞ +/- $10

more unique/interesting

BINGO!!

There's already more than a few Sustain Block Specials out there. A Standard Jr (or some other shape Junior) would be a bit different. Or a flat-top P90/Triplecoil Sustain Block Monaco Elite (no boomers or Standard headstock this time).

...And I don't want nobody copying my SB Jr.!!

take this guitar.. change the color (or not).. run of 20 @ $1500-1750 street.. feasible?

me, my only reservation with a special or vector jr, is that at the end of the day it ain' nuthn but a straight up gibson copy.

this one ain't:

008_17A-1.jpg

Feasible? Sure. Except that I doubt you'd get 10 people here who would pony up that kind of $$ for a modified Special. Agreed on the Gibson copy thing, except it costs more and has 1/2 the resale value. The Standard Junior, even if it cost a little more, is more unique/interesting. ...or a takeoff of the Prototype...:)

OTOH, if we're being serious: I doubt anyone is more Pro-Prototype than me, but the reality of the situation is that Hamer hasn't been tooled up to produce the Prototype for years. That leads to the following equation:

This still floats to the original idea. I'm game for a Special/Jr Shape with the PhantoGlide Pickup Setup. Its a Simple guitar with a wide tonal range. The Sustainblock just screams HFC.

oh they got the tooling.. they made phantom customs in Connecticut you know

They made this one 5 years ago:

proto1.jpg

At those prices? No. At least not with their current pricing.

I doubt you'd be able to get away with much under $2,500 out-the-door, actually. IIRC, Hamer's lowest LIST price item is @ $3,700 - for a stock model. No dealer is going to be able to sell something at their cost or below.

This is the current list, if that helps:

http://hamerguitars.com/img/custserv/pricelist_hamer.pdf

proto1.jpg

With Hamer, every time it gets said, "oh, that doesn't exist" or some such, someone pulls out something like this jaw dropper.

Five years ago? I gleefully stand corrected! :)

So, basically, it becomes a Phantom II with the BCR P-90 neck mod. But gee, in that case wouldn't it make more sense to buy a Phantom II, ship it to Greg, have the mod done and hang on to at least a thousand bucks, probably more?

Can I get a quote on the Vector Jr. anyway, please? Specs:

- All mahogany

- Rosewood fretboard

- Dot inlays

- One dogear P-90 (preferably a noiseless pup)

- One volume control

- Wrapper (or sustainblock?)

- Either TV or vintage orange --or maybe a trans finish of some sort.

- No guard (or small tortoise pickguard?)

- No bling

That would be absolutely kick-ass!

I personally don't want another Vector. They are not as versatile as a regular doublecut, and cost a lot more.

I'm in if you do another BCR Jr. run similar to or as pic'd.

Those were awesome guitars!

I personally don't want another Vector. They are not as versatile as a regular doublecut, and cost a lot more.

I'd buy one but nobody is selling. They must be good. :)

proto1.jpg

<Salute!>

Killer.

Make it that with a Standard headstock and Boomers.... :)

IF that were possible, the "VALUE" aspect would be shot to hell.

If we want to do a series of FAIRLY priced guitars, then they have to be FAIRLY appointed.

If you guys want a run of HEAVILY OPTIONED guitars, I'm game. BUT.....they will not be cheap.

I'd buy one but nobody is selling. They must be good. :)

Right! Case 'n point. I doubt any ten of us will agree on the spec for this proposed fantasy run, BUT if there were a dozen or so BCR Jr's suddenly available bet they'd be gone by days end.

proto1.jpg

thud.gif

proto1.jpg

<Salute!>

Killer.

Make it that with a Standard headstock and Boomers.... :)

I'll take mine just Mahogany and natural but with a P90 in the neck and with none of the other stuff.

Wha.......? Dear lord that's cool.

i went back thru my photos to see if I kept that pix during last week's conversation. GusS pretty much hit one out of the park with that.

I've played this scheme out in my head many times but that one is all over it. That shape, with or w/o SB bridge and a P-90 in the neck. Make mine white, black or red (either opaque or trans)

it's not in my cards right now. But, what ever you do, bind the top. Whatever, it's all good.

s

proto1.jpg

<Salute!>

Killer.

Make it that with a Standard headstock and Boomers.... :P

I'll take mine just Mahogany and natural but with a P90 in the neck and with none of the other stuff.

I was kidding, BTW.

Should have added the LEDs and Shlabotnik pickups into the list, maybe it would have been funnier... :)

My only hesitation in suggesting the Prototype body style (my absolute favorite Hamer) was that I had no idea the tooling was in place. If you wanted a no-binding dot-neck absolutely-Hamer-original body style, the Prototype is the obvious choice.

Well... Greg and others in the know, are we barking up the expensive tree here?

Opinions from the wiser among us?

OTOH,

oh

<Salute!>

K

I

I was kidding, BTW.

Should have added the LEDs and Shlabotnik pickups into the list, maybe it would have been funnier... :)

If you want Schablotniks for that special run you´ll have to wait. It takes him over a month to wind one pickup! Imagine an order of ten or more, scheech!

You will be on the waiting list for a year at - at the least! :P

If you want Schablotniks for that special run you´ll have to wait. It takes him over a month to wind one pickup! Imagine an order of ten or more, scheech!

You will be on the waiting list for a year at - at the least! ohmy.gif

Maybe even longer than that. Joe is waiting for his clearance to obtain some cobalt. He claims to have discovered a different alloy mix for his magnets that really produces a sweet tone. the problem he has now is that they glow in the dark...slightly..but still noticeable.

Archived