FIXED!

HFCProJect.jpg

Wrapper

HOT TELECASTER Bridge, tapped

5% underwound Fralin P-90 neck

no guard

no bling

Straightforward rock machine.

Mahogany, or a substitute, with a coat of laquer on it, and let it go.

How about the checkerboard logo?

'HFC' put right in the middle of the checkerboard string - quite below the 'M'.

In the interest of budget, is there simply a pickup and color option we could add to an existing model? Maybe take a mahogany Artist, do Phat Cats, make it a unique color, and add the checkerboard logo strip. Price, if we are serious, has to be a huge factor. But at the same time it should be a guitar that can't be replicated by just getting a used one off Ebay and swapping pickups. I think color and logo are things that are cheaply modified at the factory but would be unusual enough and difficult enough to make them distinctive and hard to build at home.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'll throw it out there anyway:

How about a Jr. Bass? Medium scale neck, single Phat Cat bass pickup, pickguard, vol., tone, mahogany double cut body(Korina would be better, tho.), simple, stripped down. Getting a dog-ear pickup cover/mount with four polepiece holes would require some work, however.

I guy can dream, can't he?

How about a Jr. Bass? Medium scale neck, single Phat Cat bass pickup, pickguard, vol., tone, mahogany double cut body(Korina would be better, tho.), simple, stripped down. Getting a dog-ear pickup cover/mount with four polepiece holes would require some work, however.

Bass Players..... :D Seriously that sounds cool, do a C/O i'd like to see how it turns out.

It seems the Jr. has momentum at the moment. Obviously a great player, simple to produce, discountable, either bass or guitar, and the forenamed logo would make it a nice HFC signature. To serve everybody it should be 2 pickups rather than bridge only.

To serve everybody it should be 2 pickups rather than bridge only.

If it has 2 pickups it is no longer a Jr, it is a Special. The magic of the Jr is in the fact that the neck joint isn't messed with in any way because of the lack of the neck pup. A Special and a Jr do not sound the same IMHO.

If it has 2 pickups it is no longer a Jr, it is a Special. The magic of the Jr is in the fact that the neck joint isn't messed with in any way because of the lack of the neck pup. A Special and a Jr do not sound the same IMHO.

Easy fix Triplebucker!

Easy fix Triplebucker!

Yes.

Easy fix Triplebucker!

Yes.

If you've never played a Hamer this is why Yes is the right answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJqmAbrEhIY...L&index=155

It seems the Jr. has momentum at the moment. Obviously a great player, simple to produce, discountable, either bass or guitar, and the forenamed logo would make it a nice HFC signature. To serve everybody it should be 2 pickups rather than bridge only.

The logo is a "no-go".

How about a Duncan P-rails? This would give you P-90 for the Special and add the single coils rails. Duncan should be able to make a P-rails that mounts like a P-90. I wonder if a dog-eared P-rails is a possibility?

For switching, a 4-way blade or 4-way rotary would give you:

1. P-90.

2. Rails.

3. P-90 & Rails in parallel.

4. P-90 & Rails in series.

A standard three way pickup selector would yield combinations 1, 2 & 3.

A three way, like a mini toggle, could yield combinations 1, 2 & 4.

I like the idea of checkerboard inlay at the 12th fret. How about square "dots" to go with that?

Easy fix Triplebucker!

How about a Duncan P-rails? This would give you P-90 for the Special and add the single coils rails. Duncan should be able to make a P-rails that mounts like a P-90. I wonder if a dog-eared P-rails is a possibility?

For switching, a 4-way blade or 4-way rotary would give you:

1. P-90.

2. Rails.

3. P-90 & Rails in parallel.

4. P-90 & Rails in series.

A standard three way pickup selector would yield combinations 1, 2 & 3.

A three way, like a mini toggle, could yield combinations 1, 2 & 4.

Not for it or against it (P-Rails), but Triple Shots are the only way to go with the P-Rails. All four positions - no other switches required. :D

PB140026a.jpg

I'll take one. :D

Hokay!

I just heard from my new best buddy Mike Oken at Hamer....

Special W/GC1-0 $3,600

mahogany

humbucker at bridge, $75

P-90 at neck

Wraparound bridge -0-

bound dot board $300

Klusons $135

Stock color(cherry, TV or Vintage Orange) -0-

He ate the wraparound upcharges, as a favor to us. so we have a list price as spec'ed of $4110

Who wants in at $2500? If I get 6 folks interested, we are on.

You're not surprised, are ya, Greg?

Archived